February 2011 Moms
Options

36 wks and freaking out a bit!

This is my first baby and I really have no idea what to expect.  I was doing fine until we went to our prenatal class and since then I've been pretty much terrified of giving birth and terrified of having a c-section.  I'm sort of thinking it would be nice to just have someone ring the doorbell and hand me the baby ;).  The funny thing is that DH feels so much better after the prenatal class (easy for him to say!).  I guess I'm just getting the birth jitters.

Anyone read anything or have any advice to help calm some fears? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 36 wks and freaking out a bit!

• Options
    You are not alone! I am a first timer too and just recently after my trip to L&D I have been freaked!
    Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

I was calm until there was talk about inducing me this week. Then nerves started to set in.  But think of it this way - women have been giving birth since... forever?  If it was horrible, we wouldn't keep doing it.  And think about the end result!  What goes in, must come out!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it is completely normal to be nervous because every birth is completely different and you don't know what to expect.  The good news is that you are already 36weeks along and (I'm assuming) having a healthy pregnancy so you are already set up to have a good delivery.  I read The Husband Coached Childbirth by Dr. Robert Bradley when I was pregnant with my first baby and it really helped me feel empowered and excited about giving birth.  Even if you don't plan on going med free, I think the spirit of the book would be helpful for someone who is concerned about giving birth.  Oh and just so you know, I went through 36 hours of unmedicated labor, 1 hour of pushing, and then ended up with a c-section so I got a little taste of everything (except the vaginal delivery) and none of it was as scary as I thought it would be!  You will be just fine! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was totally fine until the birthing class. And now will no longer be having a baby- lol. Vaginal delivery looked horrible, c-section even worse. Why would they show you videos? Talk about scarring stuff.

I literally cried the whole way home and am super scared. I could care less that people have been having babies for forever. I haven't. And it's scary.

I think the worst part, for me, is the anticipation... and not knowing when it will happen. UGh.... want to quit. lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think being nervous is completely normal, this is my first as well and not knowing what to expect has really been causing me anxiety. 

I do have to say though, I have been SO incredibly uncomfortable for the past few days that I just want to get it over with! (Don't know if that's encouraging or just more scary... but it's true!)

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm with you!  It must be a 36 week thing.  I had the same exact thing on Saturday when I was laying awake going through a mental check list of everything that is done and things I may have forgotten.

Hang in there.  We're at the home stretch!

• Options

I was thinking that I'd love a weekend off from being pregnant... I'm not ready for the baby, but I'd love a little break to just sleep straight through the night, not be sore and be able to put on my socks comfortably.

The videos are what totally did it for me too... I keep telling myself that women used to do this in the field, but like you said, I haven't! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kinda the same thing here.  At 36 weeks I realized, OMG I'm HAVING a baby and started to get my butt in gear on finishing the preparations.  I freaked out a little bit.  I don't whether this is healthy or not, but I'm almost a first-timer and I've just been trying NOT to think about the birth process, at all.  I'm as "prepared" as I ever will be, and I only have so much control (or so little is more like it!) over what will happen, so I'm trying not to think about it because thinking = worrying, for me.  Once I start having regular contractions, I will freak out.  Big time.  I hate hospitals, I hate needles, I hate anything that looks remotely surgical.  I know plenty of freaking out is headed my way so I'm pushing it all away right now.  I told DH I am going to freak out so he needs to be my rock, LOL.  He's good at that anyway though I suppose this is a little different than anything we've been through before.  I've also been telling myself that it probably won't be as bad as I fear because fear of the unknown is just about one of the worst things there is.  We will all get through it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"