Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Is this thrush?

I remember seeing titles of other posts about thrush, but never really opened them or paid attention to them. Lately, I've been realizing that my DS's tongue looks white. I tried to wipe it away today and it won't come off and looks like dry flaky skin almost. Is that thrush?

If so, what should I do about it? (Probably call my pedi - right?) He's been breastfeeding okay, but I kind of feel like he's been a little fussy during nursing lately. He'll eat for a while, then pull away crying even though my breasts don't feel emptied. 

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: Is this thrush?

• Options
    That's what my daughter had and it's thrush....they said normally it goes away on it's on but they gave me medicine b/c she was having issues feeding so it can't hurt to call
  • Options
    Yeah, that sounds like thrush. Dd and I have it right now, and we're doing Nystatin. I also did Gentian Violet, but it didn't work. I'm pretty sure that you have to treat it because it gets into your breasts and it can be pretty painful. You'll get some shooting like pains in them, and your nipples can get itchy and sore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like it. Get it fixed ASAP. Mine has invaded my ducts and it HURTS and won't go away!
  • Options
    We just finished up treating Max's thrush. Check the sides of you LO's mouth and see if there are white patches there too. If so, I'd say that's what it is. If not, just try wiping LO's mouth out with a wet washcloth after EVERY feeding for a day and see if it goes away...it could just be milk residue that has built up. Good luck...thrush can be a b!tch to get rid of.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"