Baby Showers
Options

whats everyone wearing to there shower??

I need some ideas of what to wear.. my shower is 2/20 so i guess i have some time but theres not much choices for stores over here so i would need to order something online! Pics would be awesome1

Re: whats everyone wearing to there shower??

• Options
    I've had a total of 4 showers and always wore slacks and a nice top.  I was glad I chose something comfortable.  I've hosted (and attended) some showers where the mom-to-be's wore cute dresses, etc. but they really "looked" uncomfortable - especially leaning down to open the larger gifts.  Sorry I don't have any pictures.
  • Options
     I wore jeans and a cute top. I'm GLAD I wore pants.  Between being pretty large and then having to navigate a few large boxes, it was impossible to cross my legs or be "dainty".  If I had had a skirt on, peopel would have been flashed left and right!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:
     I wore jeans and a cute top. I'm GLAD I wore pants.  Between being pretty large and then having to navigate a few large boxes, it was impossible to cross my legs or be "dainty".  If I had had a skirt on, peopel would have been flashed left and right!

This.

My shower isn't for another few weeks, but I'll be wearing jeans and a nice shirt. There's no way that I would attempt a dress at 9 months pregnant.

However, if you feel it necessary to wear a dress for whatever reason, do yourself a favor and buy some leggings to wear underneath. At least that will spare you and your guests the flashing of the underpants.

• Options

I'm planning on wearing jeans, uggs and a blouse or shirt with a cardigan...

Motherhood is having bogo 50% off sale things, and if the sale is still going, on jeans and tees too... :)

Oldnavy.com has some really cute outfit ideas, I really like this one: 

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/outfit.do?cid=64181&oid=OUT21324

Hope you find something you really like!! Big Smile

• Options
    I'll probably wear dress pants and a nice blouse.  My mom would kill me if I wore jeans...LOL!
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on wearing a dress, but a long one to avoid the flashing!
  • Options

I have 2 blue dresses I am borrowing from others to choose from for my main shower. For the church shower at MIL's church (weird, cuz we don't attend there), I'll wear khakis and a sweater. For the work shower, it'll be whatever scrubs I'm in that day. And if our church throws one, it'll be slacks and a nice top.

• Options
    My first shower is this weekend and I'm either wearing a dress or a nice shirt and leggings.  I want to look nice, but I really want to still be comfortable so I'm not wearing jeans because they're just too uncomfortable these days.     
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

im having a girl so i went with my theme pink and brown and comfy sandals

no dress for me my ankles were too swollen lol

• Options

imageJennD5311:
    I plan on wearing a dress, but a long one to avoid the flashing!

This.  The Forever 21 here has a maternity section with tons of cute dresses.  I picked up a blue maxi dress I'm planning on wearing.  

• Options
    I'm wearing jeans, a nice top and a cute cardigan over it. 
    Stephanie Hsu
  • Options
  • Options

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=93963920022&MasterCategory_Id=MC3

I just got this in the mail yesterday. I like it. I'm going to put a short sleeved sweater like cardigan over it. I wanted to look really cute and this is probably the last party I'll be having for a long time. I wanted it to be special. My sister is hosting the shower and everyone is supposed to wear pink.

I wish I would have read this post before I bought a dress though. You all have made some really good points about why a dress isn't the best way to go. I guess I'll manage. I already bought it and I don't have time to go look for something else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also looking at options for my shower, I'll definitely wear a dress, I have been buying modern pretty clothes through my whole pregnancy even when I know I'll only wear it for few months I decided to do the investment, if I have look good my entire pregnancy I can't wear simple clothes to my shower. I think a dress is the appropriate way to go.
  • Options
    I  made the mistake of wearing a really nice black sweater that was non-maternity and grey maternity work pants. Well, my belly wasn't all that huge, and you can barely tell I'm pregnant! Which I thought was cool at the time, that I was small, but now I sorta wish that I actually looked pregnant in the pics, you know?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"