Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Tax question

I remember a little while back someone posted something about there being a penalty of some sort for filing your taxes early.  Am I making that up?  Is it 'okay to file this weekend?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tax question

• Options
    My husband always does our taxes and says we have to wait until 2/11, which is right around when we usually do it and we get our return really quickly.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, I think someone mentioned that they were changing a bunch of tax stuff so it may be beneficial to wait, but I don't think there's a penalty.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, thank you.  I just read some more about it and it sounds like you can file whenever as long as you aren't itemizing and you do not have an education credits.  Am I reading that right?
  • Options
    Due to some changes in the tax laws, some people cannot file until mid Feb. because of the changes on the forms.  I'm not sure who those people are but I found that out from a friend who works for a tax place.
  • Options

What program do you use? I just filed mine on Monday, but since I itemized my deductions, it won't be processed by the IRS until mid-Feb. If you did not itemize your deductions, you will get yours within a week of it being processed by the IRS if you file electronically.

So if you itemize your deductions (which most bumpies would) you can e-file now, it just won't be "processed" by the IRS until mid-feb.

I e-filed mine, I am just waiting for my money!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"