Baby Showers
Options

Invitations - Diapers & beer AND Shower at same location

So my sister and her boyfriend are coming to our home in March to throw our shower (we live in NM where all my husband's family is, and I'm from TX & don't have a big circle here) - and here's the issue:

They wanted to have a Diaper party for the guys, and a Shower for the women. She considered just doing a Jack & Jill shower, but because so many of my husbands cousins (males) aren't couples, we figure a lot of people won't come. SO the plan is now to do a Diaper & beer for the men - Shower for the women - AT THE SAME LOCATION, SAME TIME (our house). We figure this way it will include everyone, the guys can hang outside mainly and do man things, and we can have the shower girly part inside.

I'm not really close to a lot of his family so I wouldn't feel comfortable being at a shower without many people I know well around and since this will be the case, I didn't want to have split it all up.

My sister thought that she would either do one invitation that says Jack & Jill Shower. Diaper party for the men, Shower for the women. (of course that sounds horiable - we know!) OR - she thought about doing two invitations - Diaper party addressed to the man. Shower addressed to the women. Mail them in the same envelope for couples.  

I'm wondering if anyone has any input on this idea? Been to anything like this? Ideas on invitations?

Re: Invitations - Diapers & beer AND Shower at same location

• Options

What is a diaper party?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Maybe it's a regional thing - everyone I know has one.. Ha! It never occured to me that it's not "normal"

It's where the guys get togther to celebrate - usually have BBQ & Beer - take a few jabs at the dad-to-be & usually the guys bring the dad-to-be diapers instead of a gift. From what I know they generally have it at the same time the mom-to-be's shower is going on (sometimes seperate locations) - I assume the dad-to-be feels like he's celebrating the baby on the way without being forced to attend a boring "shower"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure if this helps but I got an adorable bridal shower and bachlorette party combo invite once. One side was the bridal shower invite with all the details and very girly and then you flipped the card and the other side was a bachlorette party and was black with gold or something like that.  You could do that, print double sided for couples and then just print some shower only and some diaper-dude party only for the people that aren't couples.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just call it a co-ed shower and call it a day. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    We are doing this.  We have a host for both and they ended up sending an invite for the shower and just emailing and calling the boys, because "boys don't send invitations".  It is the first weekend in Feb., so we will see how it goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker _MG_0566-2 - Copy (2)
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    Just call it a co-ed shower and call it a day. 

Yes!  Those tend to be more relaxed and include everyone.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagece897:
    We are doing this.  We have a host for both and they ended up sending an invite for the shower and just emailing and calling the boys, because "boys don't send invitations".  It is the first weekend in Feb., so we will see how it goes!

I hope it isn't on that Sunday....Super Bowl is 2/6.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageodear:

imagece897:

I hope it isn't on that Sunday....Super Bowl is 2/6.

If it is on 2/6 they better plan for the guys to want to be watching the game.  Which could work in your favor if you plan a football style party but you might not have too many guys wanting to be at a "shower". 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It is on Saturday.  I didn't even think about that though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker _MG_0566-2 - Copy (2)
  • Options
    I think that this shower sounds like a GREAT idea.  I wish I could have something like that. 
  • Options

For my last shower, we did something similar and used this invitation

https://www.sweetpaperlane.com/couple-s-baby-shower-invitation

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"