Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

WWYD NBR

A little background...  I have Epilepsy which is well controlled by my medication. In almost 20 years of going to Neuros, I had never found one that I liked until two years ago.  I absolutely LOVE this doctor. He is very thorough and informative.

I went to my regular appointment today and he tells me that as of February 1st, he is moving his practice to McLean VA... a little over an hour away. Sad I only have to see him twice a year for follow up appointments. If my insurance will cover it, should I continue to see him? I really like this doctor, but I am not sure if it is worth it to drive over an hour to see him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD NBR

• Options

It's worth it.

I live in the middle of Phoenix. We have our share of pediatricians and OBs. However, mine are on opposite sides of town and it is a 45 minute drive from my house to either one.

I don't mind, though. To me, it's worth it to know that I'm comfortable with my doctors and that I'm getting awesome care.

Since you only have to go twice a year, I don't think it's bad at all! (My OB visits only got bad when I had to go once a week. Then I was getting a little irritated, but I knew it was only temporary.)

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • Options
    Twice a year, I would make the trip. Any more than that and I would be looking for recommendations. He might even have someone he's sending people to that he trusts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would still go! Around here, it could take an hour to go 15 miles lol :)
  • Options
    I'd say yes.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

the way you speak of this doc, it sounds worth it. i would still go.

im very picky when it comes to Docs. and if I found one that i really liked and felt comfortable with (regardless of what kind of Dr. he/she is) i would do anything possible to keep seeing him or her.

gl

• Options

imageMandJS:
    Where in MD are you? I used to live in Baltimore and would drive to Fairfax for my hairdresser because I had found one I loved. I would totally follow a good dr...

We live in Frederick. If I make my appointments mid-day and hit no traffic, he said that it would be about 70 minutes.

To the PP who asked if he would give a recomendation for anyone else in town, he did. But when I was talking to the nurse afterwards, she said that of the four on the sheet, one was an absolute no - I have been to him, he's horrible. The other three are so-so.

Now if I could just find a Primary Care doctor who was as good as this doctor! Smile

• Options
    I think it's worth it for a doctor you really like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"