January 2011 Moms

Hows recovery going for those whove had there babys?

I had a doctor appointment to check on my c-section incision yesterday, and my doctor said its finally healing well, amost completley closed now. Now i dont go back til the 25th for my 6 week check up. I've been finally feeling back to normal, after the complications i had with the healing after my c-section.

I am hoping everyone else is finally feeling back to normal as well.

My question is How is your recovery going for those who have had there babies?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hows recovery going for those whove had there babys?

• It's been 2 weeks and I've been feeling fine since last week. I had an unmedicated birth so no back pain or anything like that. A few days ago, I was a little tired bc LO was up all day and night, no joke, but she's back to the sleeping 4 hours, up for 1 hour, so I get a lot done. 
  • I'm 6 days PP, and things are going about as well as they're supposed to. I'm super sore from the stitches from the episiotomy, wishing that would heal sooner rather than later. haha. I never got back pain from the epi but my skin around where it was itched for a little bit. I want to find out how much weight I've lost but we don't have a working scale in the house, so I guess I wait until my 2 week appointment on the 24th. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm seven days pp and doing okay. I developed pre-eclampsia just before labor started so the meds I have had to be on for that are kicking my behind, and I'm having some residual back pain from an old back injury that flared up while in labor, but other than that, I'm good. I didn't tear or have any damage to my perineum so that hasn't been a problem at all. I didn't have an epidural so there aren't any complications from that either.  
  • 13 days pp and feeling really good. I feel like I'm back to my normal self and no real pain, except for itching from the stitches from a second degree tear.  I had a tear with my first and I remember those stitches were really itchy too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 8 days pp for me and everything is great! Benjamin sleeps anywhere from 2-4 hours at a stretch and is a very contented baby. Today I tried on my pre prego jeans and they fit!!!! Smile

The stiches are a little itchy but not to bad so I have no complaints.

• "I'm 6 days PP, and things are going about as well as they're supposed to. I'm super sore from the stitches from the episiotomy, wishing that would heal sooner rather than later. haha. I never got back pain from the epi but my skin around where it was itched for a little bit. I want to find out how much weight I've lost but we don't have a working scale in the house, so I guess I wait until my 2 week appointment on the 24th. :)  "

I was quite surprised when i stepped on the scale 11 days pp at my doctor appointment. I lost 26 lbs. I hope you also have a great experiance stepping on the scale at your next appointment.
  • I'm 10 days PP and recovering well from a C-Section.  It was scheduled so I was better prepared,  Only in the hospital for a little over 48 hours,  My incision seems to be healing well.  As of this morning I have lost 21 pounds since delivery which is good since I only gained 12 with the pregnancy.

I am having cabin fever since DH works 12 hour shifts and it is too cold to go out and walk with LO.  I feel like I could start driving but I know DH would have a fit.

• 9 days PP. Stitches from 3rd degree tear are healing, SPD is abating so I have very little pelvic pain unless I do something to irritate it, reflux is almost totally gone. Unfortunately, my back is in pain. I think it is a combination of my bruised ribs that I had before delivery, back labor for over 55 hours, and getting used to holding baby while nursing.

• I'm 9 days PP, and better than I expected. My mom is coming next week and to be honest I don't think sher needs to, but I know she'll enjoy it anyway.

I had back labor, pushed flat on my back, and had an epi-so the first few days PP I had back pain but now it's pretty much gone. I'm not taking hardly any motrin anymore.

I had stitches, but I've had only a little uncomfortability/pain from that-very surprised at how easy that's been. 

Really, only the first day and a half were tough. Day 3 and beyond I felt like a new person!

I also feel lucky to have an easygoing baby. He sleeps 3ish hours at a stretch so I have had some me time and still felt pretty good most of the time. If I can vent for a moment, I think I am doing fine-it's other people that make this time stressful, lol.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel 100% and it's been 2 weeks. Such a faster healing time compared to my 1st. I only have 10 more pounds to lose too. I think it has to do with the size of the baby. DS was 8lbs 2oz and I tore and had major swelling down there. DD was only 6lbs 8oz and I felt amazing after 5 days postpartum!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm doing pretty good besides overall exhaustion from lack of sleep. My tear doesnt seem to be healing very well, but I've finally quit bleeding so much. I've been getting around pretty well, though. Still feel like Ive been punched in the vag.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"