March 2011 Moms
Options

What 'thing' makes it feel most real?

Yesterday someone posted about how it's starting to feel really real.  I was wondering- what baby item is making it feel most real to you?  For me, it's the stroller in the dining room.  Even though we've been working on the nursery and have the crib and stuff, I know she won't be sleeping in it right away.  But I can picture my LO in the car seat/stroller and every time I look at it I get all gooey and doe-eyed thinking about her being in there!  *Last night, when DH was gone, I was pushing the stroller around the living room.  I might be losing my mind!*

What's making it real for you??

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What 'thing' makes it feel most real?

• Options
    for me its the crib.  we had a small shower thanksgiving weekend and got a few baby items but i just shoved them in the closet and they aren't set up (bouncer, floor mat gym), but we got the crib a couple weeks ago and set it up and i put the crib set on it and now its just really real.  i keep going in the baby's room and reaching into the crib, cause its seems hard to do and my bf goes "um you wont have that belly in the way silly". ha! and everytime i go to fold a onesies.  they're sooooo small!!
    Bre Wrties
  • Options

For me it's knowing that I could go into labor in two and a half weeks and they won't stop it. That hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday and I realized I really have to get my butt in gear!

As far as tangible items making things seem more real, it's her room coming together, all the elements that are making up her room didn't do that to me, but everything together is starting to make it real.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me, it isn't an item...I'm a planner, and looking at the calendar and realizing that the date is getting closer and closer makes it feel most real.  DH is planning to paint the baby's room this weekend, and I'm sure that that will contribute, too.

• Options
    I haven't had that one "thing" yet this time around,but with DD (and this seems silly), but when I picked up a carton of milk at the grocery store and realized it expired after my due date, it REALLY hit me!
  • Options

imagejkyle:
    I haven't had that one "thing" yet this time around,but with DD (and this seems silly), but when I picked up a carton of milk at the grocery store and realized it expired after my due date, it REALLY hit me!

This happened to me yesterday!  We went to pick up our organic milk, which has really long expiration dates, and I mentioned that we could have a baby before the milk expires.  Scary!

"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech
  • Options
    For me, it's the childbirth classes we started attending this month. I'm one of the pregnant mamas due the soonest in the class, and everything just seems so REAL, like it's going to be me in that hospital giving birth soon!
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Options

Having everyone else asking me about the due date is making it seem more real...I get so busy at work I don't have a lot of time to focus on myself.

Also, the little tiny diapers!

• Options
    Watching my DH push the stroller around the house.  That moment made it very real for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejkyle:

this is not silly at all, That is exactly what is making it feel very "real" for me to. ( well not milk, but other food I buy) When I go grocery shopping I LOVE looking at the expiration dates that are after the baby is due cuz it makes me think I could still have that item in my fridge when he arrives...ok I guess it does sound a little silly, but oh well Smile

• Options
    I don't know why this is it for me, but when I hold up sleepers/ pajamas that have little feet, I just get overwhelmed.  I can just picture a little baby boy filling out the little outfit from shoulder to toe.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
  • Options
    For me it's not so much a particular item (although I do melt a little bit everytime I fold a sleeper and put it away).  When we finally decided on a name, that made it more real, and realizing that I only have 2 more months of work before I go on mat leave...
  • Options
    The pack and play arrived yesterday and I set it up within the hour. Between the pack and play in the bedroom, the stroller in the hallway, and the car seat in DH's car, it all seems more real!!!!! Also we have our first shower on Saturday and that's making it feel more real!!!
  • Options

For me it is the expiration date thing too!!!  I love kinda freaking myself out by looking at the dates and going "I'll have a baby before this ------ expires!"

Also, I realized I'll have a three year old daughter when my credit card expires the other day (I was buying something online and they have you put in the dates).  Now that's weird!!!

• Options
    I think it will definitely be when we install the car seat and have it inspected on Saturday!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"