1st Trimester
Options

Major Irk!

I have a stuffed up nose and cough. I go to a " clinic ', sit down and see a sign saying ' we do not see pregnant women ' I think ok. I told the nurse I was preggers. And, asked if she had any advice what medicine I could take. She suggested Claritin. She told me it is safe for the baby. Well, I am in the medicine aisle. My gut told me to call my gyno- office and ask them what I could take. Good thing I did! She told me Claritin is not safe and Robitussin is your best bet. Point of this rant....... Mama's to be go with your gut. No matter if a board certified nurse says other wise!!!

Re: Major Irk!

• Options
    Did you actually say "I am preggers" to the nurse?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No, that would be funny thou. You should have seen her face when I said I was pregnant. She looked at me like I had the mad cow disease. Geez, not going back there that is for sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So, are you actually pregnant? I am confused by your ticker.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lol i guess it is a good thing they don't see pregnant women. they must know their own limits. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Benadryl is safe too. Also you can try a netipot, ocean mist saline nose drops, and humidifier to help with your nose.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edit

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"