Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro... in the process of my 1st m/c

Hi girls-

Today we found out that our first pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage at 6d4w.  I am absolutely devastated, especially since we had to do IVF to get pregnant.

I took misoprostol about an hour and a half ago and I'm just waiting for this nightmare to pass.  I'd love to hear from anyone who took the medicinal route... I know it's going to be bad but I'd like to be prepared as to how bad.  

Really sucky way to end 2010 - 2011 has to be better.

Re: Intro... in the process of my 1st m/c

• Options
    I haven't done the medicinal route but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I know struggling with IF makes things that much worse.
  • Options
    I too have not done the medicinal route but wanted to say I am sorry you are going through this.  It is the worst feeling I have ever encountered and I just want it to all go away.  I pray that your process goes by fast and are not in a lot of pain physically.  If you ever need to talk I am here.  Take care of yourself. 
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

hey hun,

I'm so sorry you're joining us, but welcome. My body completed most of the miscarriage naturally, but at our appointment the next day the dr found I hadn't passed the placenta, so they have me on the medicine too. It's rough, but he was able to give me some Vicodin to manage the pain. So, my body is still trying to work it out.

I think the best thing for me has been having space and time to let my body do what it needs to do. I took the week off from work and have just been laying around the house and sleeping as much as possible. I think just being comfortable has made it easier (if you can even call it that). If you need to talk or vent through the process feel free to PM me. I can certainly relate to the pain. I hope everything happens quickly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1 on 10.30.10 spontaneous m/c on 12.28.10 at 12 weeks
    BFP 2 It's a girl! Born 1.18.12 at 39w
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I started m/c naturally the two days before my D&C.  I dont know about the particular meds you're taking, but I experienced some really heavy cramping.  It would come and go in waves.  I took some advil (check w/ your doc first) and used a heating pad to try to minimize the cramps.  They can be pretty tough.

I hope this passes quickly for you. 

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options

Oh No!  I've been hoping so much for a take home baby for you & Chuck.  Very sorry to see you over hereSad, but at the same time I'm glad you've made your way over here.  When I was going through my m/c I found 'talking' to others who were going through the same thing to help so much. 

I have no advice for you on the medicinal route, mine happened au natural.  Other questions will likely come up as you move through this, and I'll help you where I can for sure.

I just read your blog post and I'm all teared up over here.  I'm so so very sorry you had to have a bad ultrasound experience too...but I'm so so thankful that you have your husband there by your side. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options

Thanks girls. It feels good to have support in the face of a really awful time.

I took my misoprostol at 12:15, and 10 minutes ago I just noticed that I already starting to bleed.  Hoping this is relatively quick.

• Options
    No medicinal advice, but another member of this horrible club. Thoughts are with you - 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BABY GIRL DUE: 12/12/11
    INDUCING: 11/22/11.
  • Options
    I miscarried the week before Christmas at 12w and I went the med route.  I noticed bleeding on the 13th and was told at the hospital that a miscarriage would take place in the next 2 weeks.  2 days later I started bleeding heavily and having very severe cramps, almost like contractions.  I went back to the ER because I was losing so much blood.  Chose not to do the D & C and that was when they put me on meds to induce cramping.  Overall the process took about 7 days to complete.  After I went to the hospital the second time for the bleeding and was put on pain meds it became a lot easier (physically).  The rest of the 6 days was just strong cramping.  I laid in bed a lot and took my pain medication routinely.  The docs gave me Vicodin for pain was I was told it may not help and that I could try Ibuprofen.  I just went to the drug store and have been taking it over the counter.  That has really helped.  I delivered the sac on the 20th and and still experiencing light bleeding and small cramps.    I hope this information helps.  I heard a lot of different opinions about how it would happen, I think everyone is a little different.  It does get better physically but emotionally its a roller coaster.  I don't normally post but I wanted to share my experience with you in the hopes that you will find comfort in knowing the pain doesn't last long.  Sending blessings to you and your family during this difficult time.
  • Options

I am sorry for your loss.  I just lost mine 3 weeks ago.  I had SCH and it ended in MC I had passed a lot of very large clots and a lot of blood when I arrived at ER.  They thought I had passed most of it before showing at the ER so they didn't think I needed a DNC but sent me home with misoprostol.  I didn't pass the baby for 4 days after that and only bled a little after I did.  The med causes a lot of pain.  More pain than I have ever had.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hello to you and welcome to this board.  I am so very sorry for your loss! :( 

I will share my experience so you have some insight about what to expect (although its horrible and you may not and I hope not experience the same thing) I too took the Misoprostol you did.  I took 400mg (2 pills) on the 8th of December on Wed and started bleeding about an hour and a half later (about normal) then the cramping started.  I actually stopped bleeding almost all the way without passing ANYTHING the next day (thurs).  The next night (Friday) all night long was having horrible Pains turns out I was in labor pretty much and having contractions and began bleeding again.  The pain got unbareable and wound up going to the ER in the morning (Sat)  They did an exam and the doctor took out about 3 huge clots that were blocking.  He also said that my cervix was not opening. Put me on IV and gave me some delaudid (spelling) for the pain which actually didnt do anything when the contractions came but they did eventually fade out.  They called my MW and she told them to give me MORE yes More Misoprostol 600mg this time (3 pills) Went home at about 3pm got the script filled and took them at about 4pm,

Bleeding and pain got really really bad at about 7pm (TMI) I was sitting on the toilet till almost 11 just bleeding out, I couldnt even get up to put a pad on because I would have just bleed through it.  Finally My Fiance woke up to go to his night Job and said I needed to go to the ER AGAIN, he had to go to work because he was taking off many days because of this horrible thing so my Future FIL took me over right away.  another IV,  MORE pain peds and contractions. My oxygen level was low and blood pressure was high along with blood counts being low.  was put on oxygen and something to lower my pressure.  I winded up passing the sack while I was there in labor.  And after that the contractions faded to just mild cramping.  and I went home at about 7am.  Now weeks later my levels are going back up and we are talking about having a Dne anyway. 

That was my personal experience and most people dont have it THIS hard and I really do hope for your sake you dont have to experience what I did!!!!  Good luck to you and a speedy recovery physically.  If you have any questions while going through this and can not get a hold of a professional right away, I am on almost all day feel free to PM and I will give comfort or advice the best I can.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"