Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Poor DD got a buckle fracture

DD was pulling herself to standing like she does dozens of times a day.  She fell onto her bottom, again like she does a dozen times a day, but immediately was inconsolable.  I knew something was up, because her crying was so much harder.  Funny thing was that she could still move it, crawl, no swelling, no bruising.  However, as soon as she pulled herself to standing, she was again inconsolable and favoring her right leg.  The x ray was inconclusive, but they suspected it was a buckle fracture, which doesn't really show until it starts to heal.  No cast needed though.  So we are having to keep her off of her right leg for several days - this is proving quite a challenge!  She wants to stand so badly and I'm rushing to her room after naps and each time she wakes, hoping to get there before she pulls herself up.  DH and I luckily are off work until the 3rd, but are starting to wonder if she's going to be able to go to daycare if she can't bear weight - she requires so much supervision!  So we are spending the next few days alternating Advil and Tylenol.  :( Poor baby girl.
University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

Re: Poor DD got a buckle fracture

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"