Working Moms
Options

for all WMs and SAHMs

Do I work? Yes! I work 24 hours a day. Why? Because I'm a MOMMY. I am the bank, a cook, a cleaner, a parent, a teacher, a referee, a nanny, a nurse, a handyman, a maid, a security officer and a comforter. I don't get holidays, sick-pay, or a day OFF. I work through the day and the night. I am on call at all hours. Now tell me my job isn't a real one!  I AM  BLESSED to be a MOMMY

Re: for all WMs and SAHMs

• Options
    i hope this makes a smile to your face
  • Options

while i think that is all quite true- not sure why you'd post it on the WM board... since pretty much everyone here works (or is laid off and looking for work).

and those of us who work are all those things AND have a job ... we just do all of that part time on top of our jobs :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i work too but i got kinda yelled at posting this on the SAHMs board. i am sorry it offeneded you
  • Options

imagesavannahsmommy09:
    i work too but i got kinda yelled at posting this on the SAHMs board. i am sorry it offeneded you

not offended at all - i was just confused thinking a SAHM was posting that here. :)

• Options
    no i  posted on the sahm board for my friends who stay at moms and i posted on this board to remind all of us WMs that even when things get tough we still are child(rens)hero.
  • Options
    meh - I really don't get these kinds self-righteous declarations.  I work, I have a kid, I'm a wife, a daughter, a mother, a sister, a friend, etc. - that's how my life is.  I have a lot of identities and am constantly juggling all of them.  If other people have issues with it or have some kind of criticism of how I'm living my life, that's their issue.  I'm know I'm a good, ethical, honest person and do my best to get through the days and be kind and generous to others. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

all moms work 24 hours a day.  some work a job outside of the home on top of that.

honestly, i think statements like OP's just add fuel to the never ending battle of SAHM vs WM and who is "better" or works "harder".

• Options
    sorry that offended you. my mom send  it to me to remeber who i am
  • Options
    FOR ALL THAT THIS OFFENDS DO REPLY OR GET OFF YOUR FREAKIN HIGH HORSE. WHETHER WMs OR SAHMs we are all mommies regardless. and i love being a WMs as a NURSE. and when i get a day off i love being a SAHM. i m proud of both
  • Options

this is a strange post. Of course we are all MOMMIES. That's why we're here. Your post makes it sound like SAHM's do more thann WMs. WMs do everything in that paragraph you just stated, and also a full day at a paid job.

• Options
    oh, i agree it shouldnt be a battle.  but too often, women are our own worst enemies.  we should all support each other and hte fact that we even have a choice in this day and age to stay home or work or do both, but all too often, we get snarky with one another.  honestly, i wasnt offended by the OP, but it sounded like one of those "i work hard too even though i dont get a paycheck" type posts.
  • Options

yeah - I wasn't offended, I just think these are kinds of tirades are a litlte dated and seem more appropriate to the 1970's or something.  I keep feeling like we've moved past this kind of silliness and them somebody stirs it up.  This is the political/feminst equivalent of Garfield cartoon - its just a relic of another era to me.

I also think its probably best in general to lurk for awhile before posting especially about something that has the potential to be controversial.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This thread is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

yeah - I wasn't offended, I just think these are kinds of tirades are a litlte dated and seem more appropriate to the 1970's or something.  I keep feeling like we've moved past this kind of silliness and them somebody stirs it up.  This is the political/feminst equivalent of Garfield cartoon - its just a relic of another era to me.

I also think its probably best in general to lurk for awhile before posting especially about something that has the potential to be controversial.

This.  I find it a bit self righteous in a completely non-mommy war kind of way. Sort of, "Hey, you lazy single/childless people, look at how much crap *I* do!"

I chose to have kids.  While I certainly consider it my responsibility to raise them, I don't consider it a 24 hour job, like PP said being a mom is just part of who I am now.

• Options

imagesavannahsmommy09:
    Do I work? Yes! I work 24 hours a day. Why? Because I'm a MOMMY. I am the bank, a cook, a cleaner, a parent, a teacher, a referee, a nanny, a nurse, a handyman, a maid, a security officer and a comforter. I don't get holidays, sick-pay, or a day OFF. I work through the day and the night. I am on call at all hours. Now tell me my job isn't a real one!  I AM  BLESSED to be a MOMMY

Hmmm.  Well, I don't cook, clean, teach, referee, nanny, handyman, maid, or security officer.  I do get paid holidays, sick pay, and MANY days off.  I work during the day and sleep at night.  I am not on call at all hours.

So...am I not a good Mom?

I have lots of sex though, so I'm at least a good Wife, right?  Right??

LOL

Also, this post is awesome, and your follow up response is even better.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Men do the same thing but don't feel the need to list all the chores they do an indentifying characteristics.

• Options

I seriously don't get it, most of the roles you listed are not parent specific. Last I checked those without kids still need to eat, clean, fix things, manage finances, etc.

I also don't know any mother, working or SAH, who doesn't take time off. Even my friend with 3 kids whose husband is deployed takes a couple hours a week for herself while a neighbor watches the kids. Hell, I'm going skiiing sans H & kiddo in Feb, that'll be 5 days off. I guess I'll have to give up my martyr status =/.

• Options
    You know I really like this board because its pretty drama free..  I hope we can keep it that way.  Most moms here just want to chat or share info, just to let you know :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

while i think that is all quite true- not sure why you'd post it on the WM board... since pretty much everyone here works (or is laid off and looking for work).

and those of us who work are all those things AND have a job ... we just do all of that part time on top of our jobs :)

I agree!  It irritates me when people say this.  Do you need some validation in being a SAHM?  We know it's a 24/7 to be a SAHM as it is for working moms!  We know you don't get paid if you are sick so you must have a husband that makes enough for you to stay home or you make it work or you just want to stay at home because that's what you want to do.  I give SAHM's props for it because I will openly admit I could not be a SAHM. That doesn't make me less of a mom than you are I just need to have something for me as well.  

• Options

imageMammaBear81:
    You know I really like this board because its pretty drama free..  I hope we can keep it that way.  Most moms here just want to chat or share info, just to let you know :)

this. please.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"