3rd Trimester
Options

Already on a newborn sleep schedule...

With this stupid back pain & having to pee now TWICE during the night, I'm up at 2am and 5am..  and the baby isn't even here yet!  Stick out tongue   very annoying - I just want to get some sleep!  now I'm up at 5am on a Sunday...  ::groan::
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Already on a newborn sleep schedule...

• Options
    Hey at least a pee break isn't an hour or more long!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageReeseM:
    Hey at least a pee break isn't an hour or more long!

Amen, and especially the "or more" part!  At least enjoy the fact that you can lay in bed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally feel you. I'm up twice per night as well: usually 2 am and 4 am. Then my alarm goes off at 6 am, and it's time to get ready for work. It's super lame. Especially because I used to be able to sleep pretty soundly through the night. Also, it's no great shakes to be able to go back to bed if you just lay there and think about all the stuff you need to do and all the sleep you're not getting.
  • Options
    You ONLY pee twice a night?  I am up about 4 times a night- I don't think it is much to complain about as I am sure LO will have me up at least that many times for much longer.  Your body is slowly preparing you for a "glimpse" of time with baby! :)  GL!!
    After 4 years of unexplained infertility, IF treatments and 3 losses we have our miracle baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hate to burst your bubble but my newborn is on a fairly regular sleep schedule and she still wakes up about 4 times a night (depending on when I get to sleep and want to wake up). She feeds at midnight, 2 am, 4 am, and 6 am and then usually lets me sleep after that until 10 am. And those awake periods are all at least 45 minutes long.
  • Options
    I got up more times at the end of my pregnancy than I did with a newborn. I really didn't have to adjust that much!
  • Options
    I pee 4-5 times a night.  And one of those times usually results in an hour of tossing and turning/insomnia afterwards.
  • Options

imagebridetobein05:
    You ONLY pee twice a night?  I am up about 4 times a night- I don't think it is much to complain about as I am sure LO will have me up at least that many times for much longer.  Your body is slowly preparing you for a "glimpse" of time with baby! :)  GL!!

Glad I'm not the only one that is up at least 4 times a night.  I thought there was something wrong with me for a minute.  LOL  Each of those times include heartburn and a bathroom run.  I still manage to get back to sleep fairly quickly except for the 2 am and 4 am because LO always kicks like crazy at those times.  (Maybe this is the schedule she'll have when she comes out....Hmm)

• Options

imagebridetobein05:

Phew!  I thought i was the only one getting up 4 or 5 times a night to pee  for a second!  I just keep my eyes closed and try to stay as close to sleep as possible!  But sometimes it just doesn't work and its off to the DVR list I go.  But when the babies here.........I can kiss the DVR list goodbye.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"