Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Cute girls room Not Pink :)

The whole room is inspired by Van Gogh Starry Night and birds:

Here we took an antique dresser and attached the pad to the back so we can remove it later and it can just be a dresser. 

Re: Cute girls room Not Pink :)

• Options

Okay so I decided to make the mobile: Here is the site: https://www.greenista.com/2010/06/flower-power-diy-baby-mobile/ Those are Daddy's old toys which are moved now so LO can sleep safely in Earthquake CA. The mirrored birds are from Urban Outfitters

• Options

She has mirrored sliding closet doors.  We reversed them and used spray adhesive to attach the fabric.  I found bird silhouettes online and cut them out of fabric--used modge podge to attach those

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    took a beat up toybox from a rummage sale. Used spray adhesive to attach foam and staple gun to attache fabric to top.  Then covered bottom with contact paper to keep LO from cutting herself on the staples. Bird stencil from Joanne's Fabricimage
  • Options

Lastly used glass paint to paint ceiling fan light

• Options
    imagemommajenb:

The whole room is inspired by Van Gogh Starry Night and birds:

Here we took an antique dresser and attached the pad to the back so we can remove it later and it can just be a dresser. 

Cute room and kitty! He looks like mine!

• Options
    imagemommajenb:

Lastly used glass paint to paint ceiling fan light

Yes

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I love it! I am having a little girl and keep looking for ideas that aren't pink, and you have given me some. How hard was the mobile to make? I want to make my own too, but I worry I think it is easier than it really is.

Also, random but I am from Victorville. lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs S 08:

I love it! I am having a little girl and keep looking for ideas that aren't pink, and you have given me some. How hard was the mobile to make? I want to make my own too, but I worry I think it is easier than it really is.

Also, random but I am from Victorville. lol

How cool that your in VV too! Lol.  I am not going to lie the mobile was harder than I thought.  But, I spread it out over weeks so I just did a little at a time which really helped.  Like one day cut out all the shapes.  Another day sew on the buttons etc. 

• Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think I will start it now so I can have it finished by April without making myself crazy. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"