2nd Trimester
Options

Chorioangioma

I am 14 weeks along and just had an ultrasound yesterday diagnosing us with a chorioangioma. It's a tumor between the placenta and umbilical cord. I will have to have more ultrasounds to make sure the baby is growing fine...so far it is which is great. 

I searched all over the internet and it seems this diagnosis is pretty rare 1% of pregnancies.It's been pretty difficult to find info on this period. I have the book What To Expect When Your Expecting...yeah, its not in there either. Needless to say, I am a worried and was wondering if anyone out there can relate and or is going through the same thing or has been through it and what the outcome for you was?

Re: Chorioangioma

• Options

I am very sorry to hear this, it must be very frustrating not being able to find any information.  I don't have any experience with this, however you might want to try the special needs or high risk boards (I'm not sure which one this would fall under, I'm sorry) as they might have more information for you.

Hang in there mama!  At least they know about it now so that they can monitor the situation for the best outcome. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"