3rd Trimester
Options

Is my baby going to be a Goliath?

Hello

I just went for a growth ultrasound today at 35weeks. The tech said that he was measuring 6.2lb. She also said that they can be off by as much as 1/2-1lb either way so ( he could be 5.2-7.2 already). I still have some time to go, and the baby usually puts on quite a bit in the final weeks!!!! 

I have put on a total of about 27lb so far with this pregnancy, and it's all out the front. Baby is head down and LOW, feels like my pelvic floor is ripping apart when I stand up, and lots of sharp stabbing cervical pains. Who knows maybe he will come a little early? As long as he is healthy and not too gigantic. Daddy has a big head a very broad shoulders. Ahhhhh!

Why didn't our mothers tell us to marry men with pointy heads?

Re: Is my baby going to be a Goliath?

• Options

I'm having a child with a guy who has a large noggin' and his shoulders lodged in his mom's pelvis.  That coupled with my GD should make for an interesting delivery.

Don't sweat it.  Those ultrasounds are estimates. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went yesterday for an ultrasound and baby is 6lbs 4oz.  So in another 6 weeks, he should be about 18lbs 3oz.   Ha!  Kidding, but it does make me a wee bit nervous.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At 26w6d my baby measured 5.5lbs so I think most babies are small in comparison. :-) 

However, I know they can be off. I wouldn't stress too much until closer to the end! 

• Options
    I was in a similar situation with an est weight of 7 lbs @ 35 weeks.  I am now 40 weeks 4 days with an est weight of 9.5 lbs.  I had some of the similar cervical stabbing pains that you mentioned.  I really thought this baby would come early but she's still happy where she is at.  I just wanted to share this with you so maybe you dont get your hopes up too much about the baby coming early.  Evidently them being big has no bearing on that.  So I'm just patiently waiting and will be induced at 42 weeks if she doesnt appear before then.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Babies gain approx. 0.5lbs per week, or 2lbs a month... just an FYI and ultrasound can be way off on calculations depending on many factors.
  • Options
    I was induced at 36 weeks with my first due to Pre-eclampsia.  My son weighed 8 lbs 8oz.  This time around,  at 27 weeks I was measuring 4 weeks ahead baby weighing 3lbs 3oz.  Now at 33 weeks I still measure 4 weeks ahead and I am going for another US for weight next week.  My husband weighed 11lbs, I am a little nervous, but it will all work out.  Good luck!
  • Options

I know how you feel they haven't given me a weight but I know that the baby's tummy (abdominal cisrcumference) was measuring big at 36 weeks!

Also MIL just informed me that my husband (who is very slim!) was actually 8lb 13 as a baby....

• Options
    LOL I also married a guy with broad shoulders & a huge head.  LOL soo I've been terrified if LO is gonna be a huge boy.   We had a growth scan Tuesday & Dr. told me that he is estimating that he weighs about 4 lbs. 11 oz. already & I'm 32 wks.  Soooooo I'm terrified hes either gonna be early or huge.  My due date is Jan. 10th & I'd like to keep it there sooo his bday will be further away from Christmas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagejlpev:
    LOL I also married a guy with broad shoulders & a huge head.  LOL soo I've been terrified if LO is gonna be a huge boy.   We had a growth scan Tuesday & Dr. told me that he is estimating that he weighs about 4 lbs. 11 oz. already & I'm 32 wks.  Soooooo I'm terrified hes either gonna be early or huge.  My due date is Jan. 10th & I'd like to keep it there sooo his bday will be further away from Christmas.

That would put baby at 8lbs 11oz at 40 weeks.  My baby girl is measuring consistantly a little less than that.  I wouldn't be too worried.  Ultrasound is an estimate or average from the measurements we take. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"