1st Trimester
Options

bad cravings.. ugh

I'll be the first to admit, before I got pregnant I smoked. I only smoked about 2-3cigs a day. But smoking is smoking, right? So, as soon as I found out, I quit. I'm dealing with major withdrawals (sp?). I can't use the patch or gum, so I decided to just smell the cigarette.. I've heard it worked for most smokers to quit.. well, not me.. I want to smell the smoke.. But I know that second hand smoke is also bad.. I've promised myself that I was going to stop, so I am. And this promise goes farther than just while I'm pregnant.. I'm stopping forever!!! But it's sooo hard!! I'm going to get fat eating all these popcicles.. LOL.. That's what I do instead now.. Go ahead and bash me for smoking and stopping cold turkey when I find out I'm pregnant. I want to do what's best for my baby. and stopping is it.

Re: bad cravings.. ugh

• Options
    bash you for quiting?!?! I think its great! I personally have never smoked but have a friend who did and she put them down as soon as she got pregnant...and hasnt picked them back up! Im proud of you. Keep up the good work! And what about getting sugarfree popsicles?
  • Options

Congratulations on your pregnancy and overcoming what is a really hard habit (maybe addiction) to overcome.

Here is some awesome data on all the amazing things happening to your lungs and body even as soon as one day after you quit smoking. 

https://www.suite101.com/content/how-fast-does-your-body-heal-after-you-quit-smok-a197868

Keep it up. You are doing amazing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Quitting smoking is a HUGE accomplishment, especially when you have to do it cold turkey!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Just keep thinking about your precious little LO growing inside of you! 

• Options

Thanks all for your support!! I feel bad for H because he has to deal with my nicotine withdrawls AND my pregnancy mood swings.. LOL.. But he's such a good sport! Ever since I wrote last night, I have not craved a cigarrette!! Maybe this will be easier than I thought.

• Options
    I am so proud of you! I was in the exact same place. I smoked about 3-5 cigs per day for the past 13 years. I have tried quitting so many times but always told myself that when I get pregnant it will be so much easier. And truth be told, it is. The smell of cigs or alcohol brings on the gagging fits so my DH is quitting too. We are going to do the best we can to stop our bad habits now since we have so much more to look forward to. Congrats and keep up the good work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you!  Cold turkey is not easy.  Very few people can do it for any long period of time.  If you're having a really hard time, you might consider alternative therapies, like hypnosis or acupuncture--both have worked for some of my patients.  You might also talk to your doc about using nicotine replacement (patch or gum)--they are so much safer than smoking--or trying Wellbutrin/Zyban (an oral medication).  Keep up the great work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"