Washington Babies
Options

Good places to have a baby shower? Tacoma area.

Hello,

My mother is planning me a baby shower but is having some difficulty in finding a location that works good.  She doesn't have super high budget but does have a little to work with.  She is looking for a venue that holds from 15-30 people and costs around $150 or less (just for the venue...food and other items have a different allowed budget).  A lot of restaurants will let you use their places but then you must use their food and sometimes that runs up the cost like crazy.  This is just a baby shower and not a wedding :)  The shower will be held in mid-Jan.....so she needs to get some ideas ASAP!!! 

Anyone have any ideas???? :)

Re: Good places to have a baby shower? Tacoma area.

• Options
    Mine was at Mocetzuma's Mexican Restraurant in Tacoma (because my No. 1 craving during pregnancy was Mexican, LOL) and it was great. They have a party room and a menu you can choose from to set a menu for the party. We had about 30 people and it was very affordable. The hosts brought in cake and decorations with no issue.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GREAT IDEA!!!!  I love, love, love Mexican food both pregnant and not :)  Thanks so much for helping out!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Another option to keep the costs down in a restaurant is to consider finding a restaurant that has large gift certificates on restaurants.com and going that rout. Some of the restaurants offer certificates for $100.00 off of a $200.00 purchase and if you buy them on sale (they are 80% off right now with the promo code GIVE) you can eliminate the venue fee and really bring down the costs of food.

I quickly tried searching the Tacoma area for a restaurant that offers a $100.00 certificate and could not find one, but there are several in the Seattle and the South King County area if that is an option.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Good ideas, thank you!!!  I hope to find something :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"