3rd Trimester
Options

What if I simply cant?

37.3 Weeks pregnant and I am JUST NOW freaking out? C'mon hormones=( I want to be done being pregnant so badly, I am so ready to meet my son, but I am terrified of the unknown. There are a million concerns "What if I don't know when its time like everyone says I will? What if I cant deliver vaginally (I'm horrified of the possibility of a csection)? What if the epi doesn't work?" and the list goes on and on. Then there is a whole other list of things I might do to cause me to fail as a mom. Like failing to juggle school and parenting properly. So freaking scared here and I would love to know that I am not the only one. Tongue Tied

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What if I simply cant?

• Options
    DEFINITELY not the only one haha. I have been terrified for the past week and every day think of more fears. I think it's so scary because it's a fear of the unknown. I have never had a baby before, and as much advice and info I have read and gotten from other women, it's not something I personally have gone through, so I don't REALLY know what to expect. I think everyone gets kind of freaked out when it gets close though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I still wonder what the heck I'm doing sometimes  Stick out tongue  You are totally normal and you'll do FINE.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not as far along, but I imagine I'll feel these same types of emotions closer to my due date.

My general theory is to not worry about things that you can't control or do anything about.  If there's something that's worrying you and there really is something you could do to prepare or educate yourself beforehand... do it!  If not, try not to stress out (easier said than done) as it doesn't help anything.

Good luck :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    i know it gets sickening to hear but youll know and youll do great, a c section may sound scary and horrible now but if your to the point of having him you wont mind too much, youll just be happy to have a little baby! it is very hard to be patient and to have to wait for all the unexpected and unknown (especially for normal "planners") but its also exciting to be surprised one day that "todays the day!!" try to keep calm, prepare the things you can and try to let go of the things you cant plan or control
  • Options
    imageCheyenneShaw:

37.3 Weeks pregnant and I am JUST NOW freaking out? C'mon hormones=( I want to be done being pregnant so badly, I am so ready to meet my son, but I am terrified of the unknown. There are a million concerns "What if I don't know when its time like everyone says I will? What if I cant deliver vaginally (I'm horrified of the possibility of a csection)? What if the epi doesn't work?" and the list goes on and on. Then there is a whole other list of things I might do to cause me to fail as a mom. Like failing to juggle school and parenting properly. So freaking scared here and I would love to know that I am not the only one. Tongue Tied

Soo not the only one. I think I am less excited as DH because I am so nervous about watching a newborn, not sleeping, BFing and all the changes it brings....  and still feels so surreal to me. 

So i go back and forth to hoping LO gets here soon, and wanting him to stay in longer.

Plus I am a little bummed that the holidays and all that fun will pass in a sleep deprived stupor. But oh well. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    I hear ya!  The last week or so, it's finally dawning on me that I now have 2.5 weeks left.  It felt safe to "shelve" my concerns and worries and planning for a later date when I was 20 weeks because November 25th seemed so far away.  And I'm still stuck in that mentality.  I still think I'm months away.  it's like getting a huge bill that's due in 2 weeks.  I'd be freaking out about paying it and I'd want to be johnny-on-it.  But I can't seem to translate that to this pregnancy!  It still hasn't sunk in yet that I am going to have a baby and will need to grow up and take care of it!  Up to this point, it's been pretty easy to care for her.  ;)  Hang in there and yes it's cliche, but you will do awesome because being a mom is the most natural thing in the world!
  • Options

You are NOT the only one!!!  I'm with you, but mine is in regards to work as opposed to school.  And how are we going to figure out childcare.  And do I REALLY have to go back to work?  (The answer is yes, but I'm hoping we'll have a Christmas miracle happen and I won't have to after all...)  And how are we going to get DH into law school.  And how are we going to move to said law school.  And how are we going to do all of that with one child who lives with us (my stepson), my stepdaughter (who lives with her mom), a newborn, two dogs, and a cat?  With two vehicles that are only remotely limping along and for which we don't have the money to repair?  And even if I figure out all of the above, how the heck am I going to actually be a MOM and a decent one at that, since I already feel like a complete failure?

So after I freak out and ball my eyes out and drink a few glasses of water to replace what just flew out of my tear ducts, I stop and try to remember that we only have to take things one day at a time.  Do what you can to make tomorrow a little easier, but the only requirement for me right now is to breathe, and to just deal with right now.  Tomorrow has worries of its own, and to think about them already is to rob today of its lesson.  Doesn't always completely work, but a hug from hubby or stepson (or stepdaughter when she's with us) always does!

• Options
    Lurking from 3-6 and I must say I had all the same fears, but when it comes to having your baby once you are having your LO you will do what needs to be done and not think twice. I was terrified of everything, I hadn't even had an IV prior to giving birth, but it just all went the way it was supposed to once I got to the hospital. I know it's hard to do, but breathe and trust yourself. Your delivery will go just like it is supposed to. No matter how it goes as long as it is the safest way for out baby to be born it will be the best labor for you and you LO. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"