1st Trimester
Options

Can we paint?

We're getting ready to paint the nursery.  Is it okay to paint when your pregnant?  Should I just wear a mask so the fumes aren't too bad? 
sara Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can we paint?

• Options
    If you are using regular paint, no, you should not be exposed to the fumes.  However, there is a type of paint that you can buy (not sure of the name) that is safe to use while pregnant.  I know it costs more than regular paint, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You can get VOC free paint, and keep the windows open! We just finished painting our basement with VOC free, it does have a slight odor, but it's very slight. I kept a fan going and windows open. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My doctor said regular latex was fine, just wear gloves.

Honestly, I barely notice an odour from latex.

• Options

We painted our living room back in April before I was pregnant and used Valspar from Lowes...it's marked as odor/fume free or something like that.  It didn't smell nearly as bad as the Behr we used when we first moved in a few years ago.  I'm letting DH and MIL paint the nursery sometime this fall with the windows open and exhaust fan on! 

• Options
    I helped paint DS's nursery and I made sure to keep the room well ventilated, and I wore a mask and gloves. :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"