Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sister Wives

Did anyone watch last night and want to discuss?

It was VERY different from what I am used to seeing on TLC.

Married 2007
DS - 5/2010
DD - 6-2013
TTC #3 - Cycle #9

Re: Sister Wives

• Options
    OH I wanted to see it but forgot it was on!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Someone on my facebook posted that it was amazing.  What is this show??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw the previews and wanted to see it but DH had football on.  When does it come on so I can record it next week?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKirbus:

I have it recorded, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Did you like it?

I am up in the air at the moment.  Right now they are talking about bringing another woman into the family...will definatly be interesting!  Will bring the family to 21 people now if they bring her and her kids in the mix....

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options

imagenaturegirl417:
    I saw the previews and wanted to see it but DH had football on.  When does it come on so I can record it next week?

Sunday nights at 9pm Central Time - I went to bed at 9:45 so missed the last 15 minutes...

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options

imageAmyLee11:
    Someone on my facebook posted that it was amazing.  What is this show??

Show about plural marriage in Utah - they are fundamentalists and believe in the origional Morman Relgion belief of pural marriage.  There are currently 3 wives and they all live in the same house.  Think Big Love (HBO) but reality television.

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options

I thought it was pretty interesting. Not my anything I would want for myself.. but it was interesting. Maybe I am selfish, but I just am not into sharing my husband.

I noticed that some of the older children did not seem to be too receptive to the idea of having a new mom come in. Can't wait for next week.

It was on at 9PM Central time for me.

• Options
    I've watched about half of it. I have it recorded so hopefully I can finish it tonight. I have a hard time believing they are as happy as they are acting. I would think there would be a lot of jealousy.
  • Options
    imageriserst:

I thought it was pretty interesting. Not my anything I would want for myself.. but it was interesting. Maybe I am selfish, but I just am not into sharing my husband.

I noticed that some of the older children did not seem to be too receptive to the idea of having a new mom come in. Can't wait for next week.

I also found it funny that they had to explain things in depth to the smaller children...I don't think they understand that what they do is not a normal thing.  Did you get that vibe too?

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    imageAvidVertigo:
    imageriserst:

I also found it funny that they had to explain things in depth to the smaller children...I don't think they understand that what they do is not a normal thing.  Did you get that vibe too?

Yeah.. I thought about that too. I was wondering though why they were supposed to kind of keep it a secret.. ? They asked the kids to not make a big deal out of it.. I thought that was strange. If that is the lifestyle you choose... why is it a secret?

• Options
    imageriserst:
    imageAvidVertigo:
    imageriserst:

Yeah.. I thought about that too. I was wondering though why they were supposed to kind of keep it a secret.. ? They asked the kids to not make a big deal out of it.. I thought that was strange. If that is the lifestyle you choose... why is it a secret?

I think they may have meant not to say to her kids that they were going to marry them if that makes sense.  I think he is dating/courting her right now but just in case things don't work out.  I know on Big Love that they all had to take a vote if they wanted another wife or not. 

I couldn't share my husband...I would be too jealous!

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options

Maybe that was all they were implying. I thought they were also asking them not to tell others outside the family.

Must have been the wine! :)

• Options
    I watched it with DH. Very interesting to look into a life like that. But I thought polygamy was a very inverted community? I wouldn't think it would be accepted by the polygamist community to let "outsiders" in to their world?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"