Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone married to a doctor? Specifically a resident?

How has it been with the schedule and the new baby?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone married to a doctor? Specifically a resident?

• Options
    I'm not, but I'm in Boston, which has a whole lot of hospitals, so I have a bunch of friends who are.  I'm totally in awe of you mamas!!!
  • Options
    DH just finished his residency in June and it was killer.  There would be days I couldn't even talk to him b/c he was so stressed/tired/moody when he was on general surgery.  Now we are living the good life of private practice.  He has 1 week of call every 3 weeks but it is nothing like residency call.  You just suck it up and get through it.  He helps out a ton and is a great dad, but I try to take on the majority of baby issues so he can rest when he needs to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

(wrote a long reply, but it was lost thanks to an error message!)

DH is PGY3 anesthesia.  LO is only two weeks old, but I can tell it's going to get really hard.  DH needs his sleep so he can function at work, so I do the overnight, but when he gets home from work, I get a nap.

When he has night call at the hospital I get my mom to stay over, just for support.  

• Options

I am a resident.  PGY4 ob/gyn.  I have not gone back to work yet; I go back on the 20th.  My DH will be taking the brunt of caring for our twins when I'm not here.  It's not going to be easy for him.  I have to leave the house by 5:00 AM and usually don't get home before 7 P.  Then there is call on the weekends. 

Good luck to you!  It's not easy but you will make it.  You just do what you have to do.   

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options

DH just finished his pediatric residency in June. I had DD on June 21, and on June 28th he\DH had to travel cross-country to start his fellowship (NY to TX).  I stayed with my in-laws/parents, then followed with DD when LO was 6 weeks old.  He leaves at 6am and sometimes doesn't come home til 9pm, so I am on baby duty by myself most of the time.  Harder now because we have no family or friends close, it's just me and LO.  It's been a challenge.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"