North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Rec your (inexpensive) flat iron

Does anyone have a good flat iron that's not like $100+ that they'd recommend? I have a random curl on the side of my head (appeared after I had Holly) which drives me bonkers. The hairdryer isn't cutting it anymore, so I'd like to have a flat iron to straighten it out, and maybe straighten all of my hair occasionally.

I don't need anything fancy, or for major daily use. Just a good, basic one would do the trick. Probably $40 or less. Any recs?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: NBR: Rec your (inexpensive) flat iron

• Options
    I had a Remington flat iron that I liked a lot.  I LOVE my Chi though, and I think it was definitely worth the $.
  • Options

I have a Conair that has temperature control that my parents gave me a year or two ago. I doubt it was more than $40. I've really liked it and have never seen the need for a Chi or something equally expensive. (But, I'm just using it on wavy hair, not super curly!)

ETA: This is basically it, without the Swarovski crystals! (That totally jack up the price.)

https://www.conair.com/infiniti-by-conair-instant-heat-ceramic-1-straightener-decorated-with-real-swarovski-crystals-p-443.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an expensive one before and if I had crazy curly hair, would totally recommend spending the extra money. But I don't have crazy curly hair so when that one died i got a conair something...and it works just as well on my hair.  It's like $20 or so I think at Target.

• Options

I have CRAZY CURLY hair! ;) & I only use the cheap irons. My Conair bit the bullet over vacay so I got a Remington that is temp controlled and I love it.

I also like the wide ones to tame more at once ;) The Chi's look to thin for me and wouldnt even begin to touch my beast of a head ;) So go with the cheapos their just as good.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks y'all.. My hair is baby fine and thin, and just wavy, so I don't think I need anything super heavy duty or anything. Thanks for the recs!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    I find that the REVLON 1' Ceremic is the best. Usually 25$ at Target
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"