Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

So, so bummed...

I just got done talking with my DH about trying for #2.  I have no idea how I was so far off but I thought for sure we would be trying by August.  He told me more along the lines of this time, next year.  I am so devastated and I can't help but be a little pissed.  I know this might sound awful but in addition to loving the idea of having our kids close together, I love the idea of getting my body back (nursing and pregnant).  Has anyone dealt with this?  How to you deal with being on two separate pages completely for a major decision like this.  FWIW - Closer together has always been our plan.  DH says he just can't imagine it now.

Re: So, so bummed...

• Options
    I'm going through the same thing. At first H was all about having children 2 yrs apart, but I don't think he was counting on the fact that you have to be pregnant for 9 months first!! We were just discussing this the other night and he now wants to wait until next year. I'm still hoping I can change his mind.
  • Options

I had the same situation! DH actually said he was one and done and couldn't imagine sharing his love with more kids (he originally wanted 4 close together in age...so this is a HUGE change!) He said the whole process was too stressful and now that she is healthy and bigger he is happy with the way things are. 

We got in an argument because in my personal opinion I could never just have one! I told him "imagine life without your sister (he is very close with his sister), can you imagine life without her and only having your parents?" He looked back at me and said "ya your right but I want to space them out 2-3 years apart" 

I still felt heartbroken but then accepted and tried to focus on the positive. She will be old enough to help me, she will understand what a baby is, she will be interested in the baby.

THEN I got pg by accident!! DH is on board now but still admits he is very nervous and scared to go through all this stress again!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I want #2 much sooner than DH and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it.  He wants to wait three years to try again.  It makes me mad because I know its because he wants me to work for a few more years.  I am hoping to be a SAHM when we have two.

I thought that I would be more upset but DD has been a LOT of work recently and I am actually starting to side with DH a little more because of it.  I'm so exhausted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageetude de la vie:

I had the same situation! DH actually said he was one and done and couldn't imagine sharing his love with more kids (he originally wanted 4 close together in age...so this is a HUGE change!) He said the whole process was too stressful and now that she is healthy and bigger he is happy with the way things are. 

We got in an argument because in my personal opinion I could never just have one! I told him "imagine life without your sister (he is very close with his sister), can you imagine life without her and only having your parents?" He looked back at me and said "ya your right but I want to space them out 2-3 years apart" 

I still felt heartbroken but then accepted and tried to focus on the positive. She will be old enough to help me, she will understand what a baby is, she will be interested in the baby.

THEN I got pg by accident!! DH is on board now but still admits he is very nervous and scared to go through all this stress again!  

I'm happy for you but I must admit, a little jealous!!  I don't think there's any changing his mind though...  Sad  

• Options

imageBRITTNEYKIDD:
    I'm going through the same thing. At first H was all about having children 2 yrs apart, but I don't think he was counting on the fact that you have to be pregnant for 9 months first!! We were just discussing this the other night and he now wants to wait until next year. I'm still hoping I can change his mind.

This - we were going to start trying this fall, now it's being pushed to next spring. :( It's logical, I guess. I'm not mad, just bummed - I completely understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"