Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Google is not my friend

My OB ordered a u/s after my miscarriage to check for any abnomalities that could have caused the loss. And of course they found something. I have deformed uterus (of course he didn't say it like that...). He called it a partial uterine septum (spelling?). It can be corrected with surgery but he feels it's too extreme right now.

So what do I do? Yep, I let google tell me all sorts of horrible things about it. Including statistics that say I have a 25%-47% chance of miscarriage any pregnancy.

Please remind me that Google is not my friend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Google is not my friend

• Options
    yes step away from google! i know how hard it is though ;(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Don't listen to Dr. Goggle!
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chusumchusum member
    imageErnie52408:

My OB ordered a u/s after my miscarriage to check for any abnomalities that could have caused the loss. And of course they found something. I have deformed uterus (of course he didn't say it like that...). He called it a partial uterine septum (spelling?). It can be corrected with surgery but he feels it's too extreme right now.

So what do I do? Yep, I let google tell me all sorts of horrible things about it. Including statistics that say I have a 25%-47% chance of miscarriage any pregnancy.

Everyone has a 25%-47% chance of m/c. All the information out there on the WWW is half made up by people that call themselves experts. Don't allow it to scare you. Let you doctor tell you the odds! 

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Options
    I have a septum as well. My RE found it before my loss and removed it. What does he mean by it's too extreme to remove it? I would definitely question that more. I know what you mean by google though. I sat with all my bloodwork results from the hospital and googled what they all are.
  • Options
    imagechusum:
    imageErnie52408:

Everyone has a 25%-47% chance of m/c. All the information out there on the WWW is half made up by people that call themselves experts. Don't allow it to scare you. Let you doctor tell you the odds! 

This.

PLEASE don't let Google mess with your mind!

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Options
    Ugh! I HATE Google! But I am on there at LEAST once or twice a week, trying to come up with an answer for all of this madness. So, I can tell you that Google is not your friend, but it isn't mine either and I still resort to it. My doctor hates that about me! I am always like,"Well.. I saw on Google..." haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"