Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Plum Organics? Earth's Best? Other organic brand?

I was hoping to hear from others as to what you think about these particular brands or others.  I obviously want to go the organic route, but I am not sure how one brand compares to another.  I am particularly interested in variety of flavors, packaging (BPA free, ease, etc) and taste!I would really appreciate any insight that might help me make a decision. Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Plum Organics? Earth's Best? Other organic brand?

• Options
    We've tried Plum Organics and DD loved the flavors. We've never tried Earth's Best though. You would think the EB packaging would be best, though, because it's glass and reusable. The Plum Organics comes in pouches.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My DS loves both Earths Best and Plum Organics. Something about the taste of EB my son loves, but I prefer Plum Organics for the price and easy packaging.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really, really like Sprout.  Everything I have gotten from them is super tasty.  I believe Tyler Florence is behind the company.  The pears are so good I would eat them for a snack (if no one was looking!).
    DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Options
    I use the Plum Organics when I'm out, they're easier to travel with than glass jars. At home I use the Earth's Best.  Also, the Plum Organics have no protein varieties. Just fruits & veggies.  I also like Ella's Kitchen, same packaging as Plum Organics, but some different combos that DS really seems to like.  I've found them a few times at Target. DS sometimes will just suck on the pouches to eat, I know thats probably not the best way to feed him, but sitting on the grass in the park it sure is the neatest way to feed him, and he really loves to do it.
  • Options
    I LOVE Happy Babies.  Love their cereals, their puffs, and just discovered that they do some pouches as well.  The organic baby food selection where I live is very limited so I have been making mine, but did some exploring when I was in CA recently and tried Plum, Earth's Best and the Happy Babies.  HB wins hands down, although the Plus was good- most of the flavors tasted alike but it did taste good!  I can occasionally find some Happy Babies at the natural food store here and when I do, I stock up! I highly recommend the multi-grain cereal which is wheat free and made from amaranth and quinoa.  I found Earth's best to be pretty watery and gross. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    where are these other brands that you're finding?  Earth's Best is the only organic that my Target has, and Kroger only has EB and their own brand.
  • Options
    dbos99dbos99 member

imagetigergreen:
    where are these other brands that you're finding?  Earth's Best is the only organic that my Target has, and Kroger only has EB and their own brand.

If you can't find it in a store, try online.  Diapers.com has all those brands mentioned.  

Thanks for the input ladies! 

• Options

Just an FYI if you're looking to order online -- Amazon has some GREAT deals on Earth's Best cases! I'm primarily making DS's food, but I wanted to have some jars on hand for when we're out and about. I got a case of stage 2 fruits and a case of stage 2 veggies for $7.99 each. I believe Diapers.com has the same cases for $11 and up. Lord only knows what places like BRU charge for cases. Spend $25 and you get free shipping, as always.

I haven't tried any other brands, but DS seems to love EB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"