January 2011 Moms
Options

Weird Craving

I have been pretty nauseous the past few days and food just sounds horrible!!! BUT there is only one thing that helps me .. and actually taste good!! Its called toad in the hole... Its where you butter ( lots of butter) both sides of bread you cut a circle in the middle of both pieces and you brown them in a pan on the stove with more butter drop an egg in the hole and cook on both sides.(make the eggs dippy). MMMM its the only thing that taste good to me!! ITS AMAZING!! THANK GOD FOR BUTTER EGGS AND BREAD!

Re: Weird Craving

• Options
    I have heard this called chicken in a basket :-) sounds good, eggs and toast are usually my standby
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehoney740:
    I have heard this called chicken in a basket :-) sounds good, eggs and toast are usually my standby

Chicken in a basket makes more sense lol.. No idea why my aunt calls it toad in the hole 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ewww fried eggs so do NOT sound good right now!!!  LOL  =D

But my favorite thing lately are homefries.  So between the two of us we've got one heck of a great breakfast!

• Options
    LOL we call them knot holes!! Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Does that cook the egg all the way through? No raw or runny eggs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    its like dippy eggs ( can think of what they are actually called) so you take the sides of the bread and dip it in the hole.Not raw and now slimmy .. they are dippy lol and am i not suppose to be eating runny eggs??
  • Options
    They say not to b/c of the samonella risk, but the risk is the same as if you were not KU. If you know the eggs are fresh I would not freak out about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you sprinkle some bacon on that? Stick out tongue
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    eggs in a basket!!!  I loved them...until I hit 5 weeks then..no more eggs
  • Options

imageitsmegin:
    Does that cook the egg all the way through? No raw or runny eggs!

I eat runny yolk eggs all the time.  As long as its heated and a pasteurized egg, its fine.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    If I say the word "egg" I will vomit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageizzourclue:
    Can you sprinkle some bacon on that? Stick out tongue

UMM YES YOU CAN!! I love bacon to~ im gonna go to the doctors and hes gonna tell me my cholesterol  is sky high because of all the butter and bacon i eat lol

• Options

Toad in a Hole is actually a sausage baked in Yorkshire pudding, with onion gravy on the top. It's made (and served) in a big cast iron skillet and takes forever to cook.

What you made is usually just called Egg in a Hole. If you dropped it in a waffle then it's' called Egg in a Basket. I suppose you could substitute the word "chicken, but it's not really a chicken. Then again, a sausage is not a toad, either so who knows. LOL!

• Options
    I don't care if we call is Sh*t in the hole!! It stops the hunger and the nausea :o) So i will continue to eat.. egg in the hole, chicken in the hole, toad in the hole, Sh*t in the hole because it makes me happy ha ha
  • Options
    I love toad in a hole. It is a great source of protein and if you are using whole wheat bread you are getting lot's of fiber too. Not a bad craving to have at all. Hope you feel better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"