Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Ladies! I need your help! Please!

As you can see I'm still prego. Tomorrow I'll be 39wks.

I went into L&D today for lack of movement. Everything came back A-okay but b.c of his positioning I couldn't feel the smaller kicks, just the karate kick ones. So I was sent home.

Well, here I am at 6:30pm and I've been having cramping on/off for about 1.5hours. It's like a period but lasts anywhere from 15seconds-1min. I've been bouncing on the exercise ball which seems to help but they are so painful at times!

Is this a "possible" early sign of labor? Did any of you ladies experience this before baby was born? If so, how long? Hours? Days? A week +?

Thank you!

Re: Ladies! I need your help! Please!

• Options
    Try drinking lots of water and walk or keep bouncing to see if they increase or go away, also a warm shower. Can't really say much because I was induced but labor dust to you!
  • Options
    I was having cramps like what you describe regularly for about 5 hours before I went into labor and delivery.  He was born 6 hours after I was admitted.  I had sparse contractions in the day but they didn't get regular until night time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like you are having contractions to me.  Ditto the PP - I suggest drinking lots of water and walking around/bouncing on the ball to see if they go away.  If they keep increasing in frequency and intensity, you may be headed back to the hospital soon!  If they slow down/go away, I think it's atleast a good sign that your body is preparing itself for labor. 

My contrax started out kind of like that - felt kind of like period cramps - they quickly became more intense and frequent.  My daughter was born about 10 hours after I felt the first one.  Good luck!

• Options
    imagemstc0422:

Sounds like you are having contractions to me.  Ditto the PP - I suggest drinking lots of water and walking around/bouncing on the ball to see if they go away.  If they keep increasing in frequency and intensity, you may be headed back to the hospital soon!  If they slow down/go away, I think it's atleast a good sign that your body is preparing itself for labor. 

My contrax started out kind of like that - felt kind of like period cramps - they quickly became more intense and frequent.  My daughter was born about 10 hours after I felt the first one.  Good luck!

Thank you! My DH is pacing the house thinking I'm going to go now. Lol. I keep trying to eat my dinner (a sandwhich) and it's taking forever b.c I have to keep getting up and bouncing! Ugh. I miss regular Aunt Flo. THESE cramps are a darn painful tease!

• Options
    My contrax were cramp-like the whole time, never felt any upper pain or even any tightening.  But they were severe - double over painful and I threw up before heading to L&D.  How far apart are the really painful ones?  DS was born ~1hr after I threw up, we barely made it to the hospital.
  • Options
    I had cramp like contractions for about a week before my water broke.  I know that you hate to hear this, but you will know when they are real.  If they are 3-5 min apart and very painful, they are probably the real deal. 
  • Options

imagetaprehoda:
    I had cramp like contractions for about a week before my water broke.  I know that you hate to hear this, but you will know when they are real.  If they are 3-5 min apart and very painful, they are probably the real deal. 

This! I had contractions for like 2 weeks before the real thing. But when they were real, there was no mistaking it!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I had those period cramp pains for two weeks before DD was born!  (But I also had a really fast delivery, and I think it was because of all the prep work being done by those cramps.)

GL!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"