3rd Trimester
Options

Leaking?

This is my first pregnancy and I've been noticing discharge in my undies in the mornings only, is it possibly amniotic fluid that leaks a bit every day?  I've been having this for a while- maybe 4 months already.  No sign of an infection, althought I've never had one to know if I do or not.  I didn't really think it was a problem so I never asked my midwife.  It's the same texture and look of regular discharge, is that all it could be?

Re: Leaking?

• Options
    I'm not too sure but i'd ask your mw just to be safe!
  • Options
    I've read somewhere (what to expect when you're expecting maybe?; I've read a lot of stuff) that it's quite normal to experience a whitish vaginal discharge called lochia (I think). Huh? Anyway it's probably not amniotic fluid and you're probably fine, you could look it up at webMD or ask your midwife if you're worried.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No, amniotic fluid is clear and has no odor, you should be fine :)

But call if it makes you feel better :)

• Options
    a whitish discharge is normal, and for me it increased in 3rd tri. I was told that you would know if it was amniotic fluid if it leaked continuously throughout the day and got your pants wet. HTH!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All of that discharge is your vagina's way of keeping bacteria out. Gross right? That's basically what the books will tell you but a little less technical.
  • Options
    Amniotic fluid is clear liquid - kind of like water. It continually leaks out - not just in the morning. It doesn't sound like you're leaking but you can always ask your doctor to check just to be on the safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"