Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

If you have a terrible napper come in

So DD is a terrible napper. Even daycare has a problem getting her to nap longer than 30-45 minutes. It is very frustrating because she is so tired and gets so crabby but fights the sleep. I never had this problem with DS. I would just put him down and he would sleep for at least an hour if not 2 and he took 2 naps day and now is down to 1 being 2 years old. 

Anyway on the weekends I usually put DD down about an 1hr and half to 2 hours after she gets up and then try to put her down again in the afternoon. Sometimes we succeed and get her to sleep for at least a half hour each time but there are other days where she doesn't nap at all.

I am sure there are others on here experiencing this. What are you doing to try to get your LO to nap?

Can anyone recommend a good sleep training book??

So far she is sleeping okay through the night. She still gets up for a bottle but we do have some nights where she will sleep from about 6:30 to 6:30 am. Bedtime is between 6:30 and 7:00 every night.

Re: If you have a terrible napper come in

• Options

Similiar issue for the past 3 days....DS has been taking 3 45 min naps a day. I'm just waiting it out and hoping it changes. DD1 was like your LO1...napped for hours.

"On Becoming Baby Wise" -Ezzo

"Healthy sleep habits, Happy Child" -Weissenbluth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, but we're in the same boat. DD never naps more than 45 minutes at a time, but it's usually 30. She takes about 3 naps a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Totally have the same issue- my sister did also- she blacked out the windows in the room with blankets so her son didn't have any stimulation.  My LO will not go to sleep if there is anything she can possibly look at.  We started using a noise machine and darkening the room and she seems to go to sleep easier when it's on now.  Although sometimes I  place her in her bassinet when she sleepy, her eyes pop open and she literally starts to laugh at me. She refuses to sleep longer than 30 minutes at daycare.  My husband was supposedly the same way when he was little and he did grow out of it.  I think establishing a routine and sticking with it no matter what is your best option.  

As for a book- try the No Cry Sleep Solution by E. Pantley.  I'm currently reading it and it does have some value. I haven't tried the "plan" yet so I can't say its foolproof!

• Options
    My favorite sleep training book is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, but it really only helped with STTN, not naps. DD will fall asleep fairly easily for a morning nap, but only sleeps for about a half hour (sometimes it is only 20 min). She wakes up happy, so I don't worry too much about it. She has been taking a late morning/afternoon nap between 11:30 and noon in her swing, but I need to break her of that soon (going to be awesome!). Basically she will only sleep longer than 30 min in either her swing or carseat, which I fought for a while, but have been giving into lately.
  • Options
    My LO was doing the exact same thing for me but would sleep 1.5-2 hours for the sitter.  Turns out she had him napping in a swing but without movement.  I started doing the same thing here and NOW I'm getting naps that are just as long.  Luckily our swing holds up to 32 lbs. so he'll be able to use it for awhile.  I hated the idea of providing a sleep crutch but you know how it goes...whatever works for a happy baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"