Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ovulation Prediction kit question

When during a cycle would it make sense to start using an ovulation prediction test?  I've been off the pill for three cycles now and they're all completely different. I want to try using an OPT but I have no idea when to start testing? Any help is appreciated!!!

Re: Ovulation Prediction kit question

• Options
    It should tell you on the package. I believe you take your shortest cycle and use that number. The package should have a guide, such as if your cycles are 32 days long start on day 15 (that was an example, not sure of the exact start date)
    i do it for the joy it brings, because i'm a joyful girl, because the world owes me nothing, and we owe each other the world - ani d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageRissalt:
    It should tell you on the package. I believe you take your shortest cycle and use that number. The package should have a guide, such as if your cycles are 32 days long start on day 15 (that was an example, not sure of the exact start date)

This. The packages have a guide. If you do not have a regular cycle length (oh like me) I recommend getting cheapies and testing from day 10 on. You may use up a LOT Of OPKs the 1st month, but at least you'll know

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had irregular cycles, my method was to wait until I had watery CM and then I started testing with OPK's, like the pp said, I got a bunch of the cheapies online
    IUI#1= DD born 1.5.2011
    IUI #4 BFP EDD 5.5.2012 m/c 10/1/2012
    Surprise! BFP 12/4/12 EDD 8/8/2012
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would buy the answer ones, they have 30 in a pack.  That way you can get a range of the whole month and should hit your ovulation even with a long cycle. Start about 2-4 days after your period ends.  Otherwise you are just shooting around in the dark wasting a lot of money and building frustration.

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"