Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Uppa Baby Vista??

I'm considering getting this stroller -- any input would be appreciated! 

In particular:

1.)  Has anyone tried this with the Chicco Key Fit car seat? 

2.)  I've seen the 2009 version of these "gently used" on Craigslist for $450-$500 (down from $700 new) -- can anyone comment on their durability and whether this would be a good deal?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
12/1/11 BFP, missed m/c diagnosed @ 9w2d
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Uppa Baby Vista??

• Options

I tried out the Chicco Keyfit with the UppaBaby in the store and it fit perfectly, this is the car seat we're going with.

FYI - You can buy a 2010 for 20% off (free shipping/no tax) on babycatalog by joining their 90 day membership club and using the code BABY10.  I bought the special edition Maya UppaBaby 2010 for $576.19 (normally it costs $709).

• Options
    CTA7CTA7 member
    imagewifeyvana:

FYI - You can buy a 2010 for 20% off (free shipping/no tax) on babycatalog by joining their 90 day membership club and using the code BABY10.  I bought the special edition Maya UppaBaby 2010 for $576.19 (normally it costs $709).

Great tip! Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    12/1/11 BFP, missed m/c diagnosed @ 9w2d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are supposed to be on Gilt.com tomorrow also, so check that out.
  • Options
    We have the 2009 and the Chicco Keyfit 30.  They are wonderful together.
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

1. I tried it with the Chicco at the store. We ultimately went with the Peg car seat but the Chicco works nicely with it.

2. Don't buy the stroller used - and don?t buy a 2009 model.  The changes made to the 2010 models are well worth the extra money.  The seat is almost 2 inches bigger allowing for toddlers to use it longer and the seat actually sits upright (the 2009 model sits at a recline in its most upright position and that apparently bothers older babies/ toddlers).  So no, I don't think that is a good deal.

• Options
    Go with the 2010, we're going to go with it in red or black - we've got some time to decide.  We're also most likely going to go with the Peg Perego carseat, but the model in the store had the Chicco in it and it fit perfect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We got the 2010 model and a key fit 30 and LOVE LOVE LOVE them together!  I waited for the 2010 because the changes from the 2009 model make all the difference in my opinion.  For the money you want to have every feature up to date and improved!

• Options
    Ditto! Definitely get e 2010, especially since you can find it on sale for $550 at Babycatalog
  • Options
    imageiris418:

We got the 2010 model and a key fit 30 and LOVE LOVE LOVE them together!  I waited for the 2010 because the changes from the 2009 model make all the difference in my opinion.  For the money you want to have every feature up to date and improved!

ditto.

• Options
    imageCTA7:
    imagewifeyvana:

Great tip! Thanks!

I tried this and I only got 10%. Please assist me! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageSammyBeeRivers:
    imageCTA7:
    imagewifeyvana:

Great tip! Thanks!

I tried this and I only got 10%. Please assist me! 

Ah! I figured it out. Nevermind!

Great discount!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    You can always find great deals on Craigslist...the downside would be that it wouldnt' have a warranty. So if you plan on using it for the long haul with multiple kids it might be worth buying from an authorized retailer.  I found one HERE and it's only $579
  • Options

How did you get it to work?  I'm trying but can't figure it out!!! 

Thanks for the help!

• Options

How did you get the 20% discount to work?  I'm having troubles, it's only giving me 10% and you have to pay $10 for the 90 day trial....

Thanks! 

• Options
    imagecarjenk:

How did you get the 20% discount to work?  I'm having troubles, it's only giving me 10% and you have to pay $10 for the 90 day trial....

Thanks! 

Yes, you have to pay $10 for the 90 day trial but it is worth it for the discount. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"