3rd Trimester
Options

Post-preggo clothes

Hi Everyone!

I am due at the end of April with my first child. Was wondering how long I should expect to continue wearing maternity clothes post-partum. In other words, should I start looking into Spring/Summer maternity clothes (especially pants/capris/shorts)? Or will I shrink fast enough to be able to wear my "normal" clothes- perhaps with a Belly Band?

I hope someone can help me out with this...

Re: Post-preggo clothes

• Options
    Depending on how much weight you gain you may or may not be able to fit into your regular clothes afterwords. I'd honestly not buy any new clothes until after you deliver. With my first child I went up about 3 sizes and stayed there for a loooooooong time. I didn't get down to my pre pregnancy weight until a good year post partum (mostly my fault for not exercising) and even when I did get back to my pre pregnancy weight I was STILL a good size larger because of how my weight had shifted! With this child I'm going to be living in loose fitting dresses and stuff with elastic this summer. I'm not even going to think about my pre pregnancy clothes until next summer.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would not buy maternity clothes for after- just regular clothes a couple sizes larger. I shopped with baby. its not too hard to do when they are little and sleeping a lot
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You won't have to but maternity clothes, but you will need to buy bigger clothes.  Transition stuff is the best....I remember wearing a pair of stretchy gauchos a lot.  Loose fitting shirts...that sort of thing.  It took a few months before I could wear my regular clothes.  I had a very limited wardrobe for a while - but no, definitely don't go out and buy more maternity clothes.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    I'm a first time mom but I'm thinking pants I might be still in my maternity for a little bit but shirts should go back after all the swelling goes down, might be a little more chunky since I gained a lot but I figure I should be able to wear most of my work shirts by the time I head back to work so I'm not buying anything new.
  • Options

imageJennicap:
    I'm a first time mom but I'm thinking pants I might be still in my maternity for a little bit but shirts should go back after all the swelling goes down, might be a little more chunky since I gained a lot but I figure I should be able to wear most of my work shirts by the time I head back to work so I'm not buying anything new.

This is all new to me, too, so I'm not good at giving this kind of advice.  However, you may want to avoid the maternity pants paired with regular shirts because you can't cover the maternity panel very well with reg tops.  I've tried it now and no luck.  I'm avoiding buying bigger clothes since I feel like once I get that size, I will get complacent and not try to get back down to my pre-preg size.  My belly band, ugly stretchy pants, and loose fitting dresses will be my BFF until I can lose some pregnancy weight.  GL!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Angel Baby -- BFP 12/28/10, EDD 09/07/11, D&C 02/28/11 -- I miss you everyday!

• Options
    I too am due at the end of April so I am also faced with this dilema.  Prior to BFP I wore a lot of fitted clothes.  I'm not sure how those are going to look once my body finishes reshaping itself.  I'm a shop-a-holic and I bought a bunch of stuff on sale at Old Navy and Gap this week.  I bought a lot of blousy shirts and a couple of jackets but no bottoms.  The shirts that I bought I actually got in my regular size and they fit me now.  I'm going to try to get away with dresses and elastic waist skirts for the Summer.  I'm not going to buy any shorts or pants though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I may be the minority, but I was able to fit into all my normal clothes within a month pp.  DS was born in Dec, so I pretty much wore sweats and yoga pants for the first couple weeks, then I was able to fit into my looser jeans.  My biggest problem wasn't my tummy, it was my wider-than-normal hips LOL.  I'd say after 1 month everything was fitting again.  BF helped me a TON...lost weight quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"