Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone else feel empowered?

We made a person! Like one that will have independent thoughts and make a difference in the world. I don't know why, but I feel very powerful.

"I make people. What do you do?"

Good job, ladies!?

Re: Anyone else feel empowered?

• Options

Lol...yes. :)

I was just thinking today how much I miss being pregnant. That was the coolest thing I've ever done.

Due October 29
  • Options

Very well said! :)  I do feel empowered!  

About 5 minutes after giving birth, the nurse, who was also my prenatal class instructor, asked me how I felt.  I said "That was the coolest thing I've ever done!".  (she liked that!).

YAY US! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do feel special.  I do miss being pregnant though.  But I can only hope that I raise my son to be independent and productive :)
  • Options

I feel very empowered that I created this beautiful human being and I feel VERY empowered from my birth experience and all the hard work I did during labor and delivery.

Nothing felt better than when I was holding my daughter on my chest and my H was crying and telling me how proud he was as he was kissing me and looking at DD.  That is my single most precious memory from her delivery.

We are pretty freakin' awesome ;-).

• Options
    I feel empowered too. :) I miss being pregnant a lot too though. Even though I was SOOOO tired of being pregnant and begged my dr to induce me like a week later I was sad because I missed it already.
  • Options

Definitely!! I think giving birth was absolutely the best thing I've EVER done.

I'm scared shiitless about a lot of things now though... am I doing everything or even anything right?

Mr. & Mrs. O: Est. 6/27/2009, Jacob Ryan 3/3/2010, Owen Matthew 8/14/2012!
    :::In My Life, I've Loved You More:::
    CHARTS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would like to say so..

..but I don't. I mostly just feel sore, and cranky, and a little strange.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    imagePickle123:

Lol...yes. :)

I was just thinking today how much I miss being pregnant. That was the coolest thing I've ever done.

This. Exactly.
  • Options
    imageshortyred919:

"I make people. What do you do?"

I make them and then they become unmade in my womb.

Indifferent

Tell you what.  You're cool.  You've got a newborn! You're sleep deprived.   But you are also deeply, unbelievably, astoundingly lucky, not empowered. 

I am currently respirating.  And I feel blessed, not empowered.  Because I recognize that other people are not that lucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"