3rd Trimester
Options

membranes stripped...thanks doc

"Oh, BTW...I just stripped your membranes and you took it like a pro." - my OB

WTF?!?!

No warning, just did it in this afternoon's 38 week internal exam.

Baby's head is as low as it's going to get, engaged and ready.  I've been peeing every hour and my whole lower region hurts like hell.   

Tomorrow was supposed to be my last day of school/work.  I was throwing myself a party with my third graders.  :-(  My OB and I thought it best not to go in.  Bummer.

What I want to know is how long after you have them stripped do you go into labor and deliver???

Freaking out...

Bring on the baby

Re: membranes stripped...thanks doc

• Options
    From what  I understand, stripping doesn't actually make that much of a difference. In some cases, women go into labor soon after, but more often than not it doesn't really make a difference. So don't stress :D
  • Options

OH I'm jealous!!!!!! No idea how long it will take for you right now, but that's awesome!!

Please, dr, strip my membranes too!!

Some warning would have been nice!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine stripped yesterday and I'm still here.  There's no guarantee it will work immediately/within the same day.  It seems like for me it'll take a while.  Hang in there and GL.
  • Options

Oh, I also wanted to add that my OB suggested that DH and I have sex.  I love my DH but this is the last thing I want to do.  :-)

Then I go and tell my mother about the stripping and the sex suggestion and in excellent mom fashion she proceeds to tell me that that is exactly how I got in this world.

<Insert fingers in ears>  Na, na, na, na, na

• Options
    imagehvanthoogt:

Oh, I also wanted to add that my OB suggested that DH and I have sex.  I love my DH but this is the last thing I want to do.  :-)

Then I go and tell my mother about the stripping and the sex suggestion and in excellent mom fashion she proceeds to tell me that that is exactly how I got in this world.

<Insert fingers in ears>  Na, na, na, na, na

Did your OB exaplain why he/she is trying so hard to jump start your labor  early?

• Options

As she started the exam she was really surprised how low the baby was and could feel his head.  But other than that no reasoning.

She's been telling me all along how I'm having a "perfect pregnancy" and everything is going so well.  I'd think if there was a problem she would have told me.

• Options
    I had mine stripped 10 days ago.  :-(
  • Options

With DD#1, I had my stripped on a Monday afternoon at 38 weeks. ?On Wednesday night, DH and I had sex around 10:00 pm and then my water starting leaking about an hour later. ?Water leaked all night and I finally went in at 8:00 am on Thursday, after talking to the doctor, and was induced due to not progressing. ?

?So, don't know if it was the stripping or the sex, but something got things moving. ?Oh, and my dr. never told me she was doing it either, until after she did it.

??Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"