Options

Wipe warmer

Useful?

Waste of money/space?

Please advise!

TIA

Re: Wipe warmer

• Options
    I was advised to not use one since one wouldn't be used in daycare - better to not get LO used to it! 
  • Options
    waste of money.  i have one and i just use it to store the wipes in.  i never have it turned on!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshari_rngleson:
    waste of money.  i have one and i just use it to store the wipes in.  i never have it turned on!

I've noticed this is what my SIL did when she received one. Waste of money. Put it in your baby's college savings account.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Baby Bargains said it is a waste of money so I will not be registerig for one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We registered for one, but mainly because we're cloth diapering, and it's a useful way to keep cloth wipes moist. We actually registered for one that is for cloth wipes: Warmies Cloth Wipes Warmer

If we were planning on using disposable wipes, I don't think I would have bothered.

• Options
    I don't plan on getting one
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your answer!
  • Options

I thought they were a waste of money until about 3 of my friends that already have children said they could not live without it. They said their lo would cry everytime they had their diaper changed. Once they started to use the wipe warmer it was like a different baby during changing time.

My friend actually brought me one. So I didn't have to spend the money myself but she said it was a staple and all moms should have one.

I don't have personal experience but that is what she said.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every mom I've ever spoken to said that both this and a bottle warmer were a waste of money b/c you don't want to get the baby used to it, then have it not be happy when you're on the road and the wipes/bottles aren't warm. I didn't register for either - for bottles I figure it's just as simple to run it under hot water or nuke it for warmth.
  • Options
    I have one to keep in our bedroom for changings in the middle of the night.  During the day I will use cold wipes.  We will see how it goes!
  • Options

Read they're potential fire hazards in Baby Gizmo buying guide. That's no good!

• Options
    Total waste of money. ?They are actually a breeding ground bacteria, a warm, moist environment. Not safe around LO's bottom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got ours as a gift. I would not buy one on my own though. DS hates getting his diaper changed and once I start wiping with the warm wipes he calms down. I actually think they're great if your baby is born in the winter like mine, but if you are due in the summer I wouldn't go for it.

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Options

I wouldn't rely on other people's opinions on this....I swore up and down that they were a dumb idea and a waste but we LOVE ours.  So much so that we bought another one when DD was newborn for her changing station downstairs.

I love the way they keep the wipes nice and warm and moist, and to me the wipes seem to work better (with sticky poop once you start solids) when they are warm.

SO, maybe get a second-hand one and then see if you like it...

You are so money and you don't even know it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"