3rd Trimester
Options

How many hours should I fast before 3 hour?

I have my 3 hour GD test tomorrow and my doctor recommended fasting overnight. But, I work tonight until 12 and am planning on taking the test at 7 am. Some websites say to fast between 12-14 hours and some say 8 hours. What have your doctors recommended?

Re: How many hours should I fast before 3 hour?

• Options

They told me to fast for between 8-10 hours, but not more than 10 hours.

• Options
    Mine told me to not eat/drink after midnight for my 8 am test.  I also had to follow a diabetic diet for 3 days prior to the test, but it seems that most other bumpies didn't have to do that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not sure about the fasting, but I've heard that it's best to carb-load in the days prior to the test. Were you instructed to do that? 

Here's a great resource on testing and GD issues.

https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/gd/gd_index.html

• Options

imagerhannan:
    Mine told me to not eat/drink after midnight for my 8 am test.  I also had to follow a diabetic diet for 3 days prior to the test, but it seems that most other bumpies didn't have to do that.

I had to do this too. But I had to stop eating at 8pm for my appt at 9am the next day. 

• Options
    I had to follow a carb restrictive diet for 3 days. It's been hard!
  • Options
    For 3 days before hand I followed a "Healthy Diet." I also fasted for 12 hours before the test. My test was at 8 am so I didn't eat anything from 8pm the night before.
  • Options
    I am taking my test on Saturday. My nurse says that I have to eat a half sandwich (of my choice) and a glass of milk at 10:30 to 11:30 the night before, then fast for 8-10 hours (no longer than 10 hours).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"