1st Trimester
Options

When did you tell?

I know a lot of moms like to wait until the first trimester is over to tell.  I however, could not wait even two days.  We found out Thursday night and already about 20 people know, both friends and family.  I do not want it out on facebook until March though.

The inlaws are coming in a little while and we are telling them today.  I am so so excited..it has been awesome.  I am feeling great too, just very hungry.

Re: When did you tell?

• Options
     I only waited like 3 days before I told my parents and grandma. Then it spread like wildfire, before 5 minutes i had my whole family texting me Sad...not cool. Yeah, I went off on my mom and told her that I wanted to tell everyone. Oh well, what's done is done I guess.
  • Options
    imagesavannah_girl:
    ALl close family knew with in 48 hours. And I am ok with that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesavannah_girl:
    ALl close family knew with in 48 hours. And I am ok with that.

Okay good.. I didn't want to seem crazy telling so many peopple so soon.  I just can't help it!

• Options

imageyellalakes:
     I only waited like 3 days before I told my parents and grandma. Then it spread like wildfire, before 5 minutes i had my whole family texting me Sad...not cool. Yeah, I went off on my mom and told her that I wanted to tell everyone. Oh well, what's done is done I guess.

Oh wow that really stinks!  I am so sorry.  My biggest thing is people putting it on Facebook...so everyone I tell I have to tell them do NOT put anything on there.  My best friends boyfriend already posted congrats so I deleted it. 

• Options
    My sisters right away because I was in shock.  My mom a couple weeks later.  2 of my long distance friends  before Christmas because I knew they could keep their mouths shut.  The rest of my family over Christmas because we were all together and I didn't want to do it over the phone later.  His parents 12 weeks (last week).  We're not telling anyone else until it's obvious....which is coming up here quick.....don't really want to leave my cocoon of secrecy :)
  • Options
    We will tell within the next week or so.  Everything is looking good so I am ready to share the news:)
  • Options

Congrats first of all!! I remember you from GP.

We told parents/siblings within a few days. Since then we've told a bunch of close friends.  I'm thinking of telling work around 10 weeks. Our first u/s was good, so that made it a LOT harder to hold it in.  I couldn't get a BFP and NOT tell my parents though!!

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• Options

I think I'll tell work after my first appointment.

Family is already hearing about it. Both SILs know and my bf knows. We're supposed to go to dinner with DH's parents tonight and there's really no point in hiding it from them. We're bad at keeping secrets!

eta: It's been super weird -- I've been waking up all week feeling well rested, which never happens to me. My only symptoms so far are tender breasts, some bloating and a little constipation (sorry, TMI)

• Options
    just a few days. I was 6 weeks. We can''t keep a secret and plus we figured if something happened we would tell them anyway. Can't help to have the extra prayers and good thoughts. :) But I do understand why others wait. I know if there is a loss I have had friends who had a hard time going back and telling everyone.
  • Options

With in 24 hours we told our parents and family.  With in a week I had posted it on Facebook and sent our Christmas card that was our daughter wearing the "Im the BIG sister shirt" 

• Options
    We've been anxious to tell and started right away with parents, then close family and a few good friends.  It will be out at work and with big social circle in about a week and a half.  I keep saying the "no facebook" thing, too! I need/want the support of all, and this is our first pregnancy.  WAYYYY to excited not to tell!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"