Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Mini-Pill (Camila) side effects?

Hi! Just had my PP check-up & OB prescribed me Camila for BC. Just wondering if anyone else is on this & if there are any strong side effects that you have noticed? How is it compared to the regular BC pill? Are you using a back-up method as well? Thanks! 

Re: Mini-Pill (Camila) side effects?

• Options

I have been taking this for 6 weeks.  No side effects and no back-up.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself!! 

* I have my alarm set to make sure I take it at the exact same time every day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know which mini-pill  I am on...whatever you do take it exactly as the instructions say!  I have had irregular bleeding since I missed a pill on Monday...by a mere 8 hours.  I am actually about to throw them all away and go buy a box of good old fashion condoms.  I am sure plenty of people have a pleasurable experience on the pill but not me.  As for back-up method...no.  99.7% effective when taken properly is sound mind enough for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was on it for 9 months after DD1 and am on it again now.

With DD1, I had absolutely no side-effects, no period, nothing. Didn't use back up. I got AF back a full month after stopping the mini pill and weaning DD and my cycles immediately were "normal/regular" (though I only had 2 before getting PG again, we were not preventing).

This time, I've been on it for about 4 weeks. I've been spotting/cramping on/off. I pretty much will have 3 days of cramping and spotting, then 5 days of nothing, then 3 days of cr/sp, etc... It's a PITA and I don't know why it's doing it this time other then maybe because I'm on a different generic then I was last time? And we are using back up this time, but only because I REALLY don't want to get PG again anytime soon! LOL. 2 under 2 is enough for me :)

Like pp said, it's important to take it at the same time every day, so I set my phone alarm and remember that way :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

I took this for about a year before being pg because I needed a low dose of hormones.  My only complaint was that I retained water like crazy in the heat - one afternoon outside and my fingers and feet were crazy swollen.

Also, like a pp said be sure to take it at the same time daily - like only 1-2 hours off.  If I missed by more than 2 hours my body would be crazy and we'd use back up to keep from getting pg for a few days.

• Options
    imagemariahcohen:

I have been taking this for 6 weeks.  No side effects and no back-up.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself!! 

* I have my alarm set to make sure I take it at the exact same time every day. 

This.

Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • Options
    Thank you for your input everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"