2nd Trimester
Options

blue cross blue shield members- childbirth classes

Does anyone here have blue cross blue shield, and do you know if childbirth classes are covered by them? The classes are $200 in my hospital and I am looking for something cheaper or if insurance will cover them.

thanks

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: blue cross blue shield members- childbirth classes

• Options
    I am pretty sure my class was covered w/ DS.
  • Options
    I have BCBS of Michigan. Truthfully, I never even looked into it with ds. I would assume no, but not really sure. Why don't you just call the number on the back of the card?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they'll reimburse you up to a certain amount. For some reason I'm thinking $100, but I could be wrong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It depends on your specific plan. If you have your card, call the general information number on the back (if you need it, I can go get my card and give you the number).

Classes aren't covered for my plan, but my class is only $60 so its not a big deal. I was surprised though bc after the first OB visit, they cover all visits completely (bloodwork is covered but ultrasounds I have the copay). I thought it interesting that they cover so much but not the classes  lol.

• Options
    Hmm. I've never thought of this. I'm going to have to check it out as well.
  • Options

thanks i'll call them.

• Options
    I just called them and no they dont cover it. Maybe i should look around in another hospitals and see if they have anything cheaper.
  • Options

imageRaffes484:
    I'm pretty sure they'll reimburse you up to a certain amount. For some reason I'm thinking $100, but I could be wrong.

This exactly.....at least w/ DS.?

• Options

I have BCBS of Michigan and I don't think they are covered.  But at my hospital they are only $50.  So I didn't even bother to check.

My receipt does say that the fee is covered by Medicaid and Priority Health after co-pay...doesn't work for me.

• Options
    We have BCBS of Arkansas and it isn't covered, but it is something we can get reimbursed through our flex account.  Make sure if you do end up paying oop you save the receipt for any unreimbursed medical expenses.  If your medical bills are high enough you may be able to deduct them from your taxes.
  • Options

every Blue Cross is different. they all pay for the use of the name, so each one has different policies.

our classes are free at the hospital, but if they weren't i would have looked into using flex money.

• Options

I also have Blue Cross (of Massachusetts) and I called last week to ask about different benefits during pregnancy, I was told they reimburse up to $90 for traditional classes (prepared childbirth, etc) but that they dont pay for classes like hypnosis or water births...

There is a form you can download on their website and I was told you submit it with a class description and proof of payment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"