St. Louis Babies
Options

Raw Milk in Missouri

Some of you may have seen news stories about the Attorney General's lawsuit against Bechard Family Farm over two gallons of raw milk.  Here is one of them, and here is an opinion piece from the Springfield News Leader.

Please contact Attorney General Chris Koster!  Let him know that raw milk is important to you and that you're watching this case.  Let him know that you do not want the Bechard family to be prosecuted beyond the law, and that you want raw milk to be readily available to the public.  Let him know you want the law changed so access to raw milk is easier.

My understanding is that Rep. Belinda Harris is working on a VERY good raw milk bill.  It would be amazing if that could get off the ground, so please contact your representatives and let them know that raw milk is important to you, and that you want it readily available to the public.

Statewide support is very important, so if you know anyone in MO that supports small farms/food freedom/raw milk, please let them know about this issue and urge them to contact their representatives.  It is especially important right now that people in northern MO contact their representatives, so if you know people up there, definitely pass this info on to them!

Just like with all activism, honey goes over better than vinegar, so be polite so that they'll listen.  And please, please do call and email... politicians take each person's input seriously because they know for each person that calls, many people felt the same way but didn't take the time to contact them.  So your calls and emails really are worth a lot!

Thanks, all!  This is soooo important in terms of setting a precedence, as well as other small farmer freedom issues.  We really need to be heard loud and clear here.  If you call/email, posting here as well would be really appreciated so I know whether they're getting lots of calls/emails or not.  Thanks!

Re: Raw Milk in Missouri

• Options

Thank you for sharing this.  I can't even tell you what atrocities happen at the big commercial dairy near my parents house in Iowa...people would riot in the streets if they knew the way some mainstream milk is produced. 

Farmers who sell raw milk are usually extremely conscientious of the quality of their product and and humane treatment of their heard.  I can't believe the gov't hounds them.  It's like going after little old ladies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"