1st Trimester
Options

5 days til doppler u/s and freaking out

Hi Ladies,

I have been surprisingly stress-ridden since his pregnancy (my first) began. Waiting for my first u/s at 8 weeks was BRUTAL and now waiting for my second which will be at 11 weeks 5 days is killing me too! I feel like a crazy person! I even bought an at-home doppler because I thought it would relieve my stress but we couldn't find the heartbeat on it. So now I have to wait 5 days and the wait is just too hard. 

Everything was fine with the first u/s, no problems, and I'm young and not at-risk or anything, so I don't know where all this anxiety came from. I had nausea, fatigue and all the rest, but most of that has eased or gone completely now. I keep telling DH that the next time around I'll be zen as a butterfly but all these unknowns have made me worry a little more than I'd like.

Anyone else worried for no good reason at 11 weeks? Aren't we past the point of real danger anyway?  

Thanks for reading!

Re: 5 days til doppler u/s and freaking out

• Options
    its ok I am right there with you also got a doppler and it was a no go on the heartbeat, I am the same way not high risk, no problems at all this pregnancy and I had 2 very healthy babies pior  this.  I am just as worried.  I also have to wait my next appt is Friday. 
  • Options
    i guess we just gotta exercise some patience. It's really not long to wait and especially as you had 2 healthy babies in the past, you are fine, fine, fine. This does just happen to be a pretty important thing is all. I am excited to be reassured after this appt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    its normal to feel the anxiety. 
  • Options

My baby didn't cooperate at 10wks with the doppler.  That was stressful to have the doc PRESSING on my abdomen with the mic, unable to get anything.  So they wheeled in their US machine and poof, there's baby with the heart just beating away.

I was freaked until I saw it and then I felt a lot better.  12 weeks now and going to be getting an U/S again in a few more.  Taking deep breaths and going with the flow... it's all you can do.

• Options

It doesn't get easier the 2nd time...the anxieties are all there.  Good luck, I am certain your little one is growing like a weed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"