3rd Trimester
Options

measuring ahead...really ahead..

Ok ladies any once else?

So i go the doctor every two weeks since i have had a SCH, placenta previa and a small tear in my placenta and a ton of constant bleeding. All Have resolved by at about 26 weeks and after being on bed rest for over 16 weeks i was finally was freed. 

So i go in today hope for nothing out of the ordinary. I tell the doctor,  i feel huge..no really i'm getting kicked in my ribs i feel like i did when i was full term with my last LO's. She brushes it off but says i'll check your fundal height before you go. I think "ok good". So after all the other stuff she puts the measuring tape on my belly and say, "ohhh, ummm well then, i'm going to order an ultrasound"...I'm measuring 35 weeks but i'm only 29 weeks. The baby is also clearly in a transverse positions and i don't have GB. So what the heck is going on in there? She says it sould be lots of thing but we have to wait and see because unfortunately They don't do ultrasounds in their office so i have an appt. First thing Monday to check and see what's going on.

Any one else, i hate to google that can get scary. 

Re: measuring ahead...really ahead..

• Options

I can't say anything about the baby being so big, but I wouldn't worry about the transverse position at 29 weeks. Babies don't get into position until around 34-36 weeks.

GL with everything. 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    i am measuring 5 weeks ahead , fundal height and 2 different ultra sounds to confirm the size. My dr doesnt seem too worried. She said its just a big baby. My glucose test was ok and all my early ultra sounds were ok so we know the dates are correct. If I go another 2 weeks she will probably order another u/s to see how big baby is to see if she thinks I will need a c-section. Im already 4cm and 80%effaced so Dr doesnt think I will go much longer. I was worried at first but really big babies are ok most of the time. Try not to stress about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Babies don't usually get into final position until about 36 weeks and some babies... hours before birth. It's a totally normal thing. As for you measuring large... I measured bigger than I should have when I was pregnant and it turns out that I just had a larger placenta. I delivered at 42 weeks and my son came out 6lbs 15 ounces and 21 inches long.... that was it. The placenta was bigger than him. Son't get yourself worried just wait for the appointment and they will be able to give you all the info. Sometimes if the baby doesn't turn they will try to manually turn the baby which works a majority of the time.
  • Options
    The transverse position doesn't bother me at all. i know he can move it's just that he's not breech which my doc said can sometimes cause your fundal height to be larger and i don't have gestational diabetes. So i'm surprised since those are the two most common things that can cause a women to measure big and i don't have either.  
  • Options

I was measuring 35 at 28 weeks. I went for an ultrasound and was just measuring 4 days ahead with a normal amount of fluid. Mdiwife thinks maybe it was just baby sticking its bottom out.

It might just be a growth spurt, lots of fluid, or just how the baby is positioned.

Good luck. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

I'm measuring 3-4 weeks ahead and everything looks perfect on the ultrasounds - doctors said we're just going to have a big baby! They are recommending a c-section unless the growth rate slows down due to the baby's size and risk of shoulder dislocation during delivery as well as the possibility of an emergency c/s if baby won't fit (I have a pretty small bone structure).

They did say baby's size tends to be genetic but both DH and I were in the 6-7 lb range. I don't have GD (theyve checked both fasting and the glucola test to be sure) either. 

• Options
    I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead and my dr. said its no problem.  Just a big baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"