3rd Trimester
Options

Should I go to the hospital?

I dont know if im being paranoid or not, and I dont want to be the girl that shows up at L&D for no reason, but im not sure what to do. Im 34 weeks today, about two weeks ago, i strated to lose pieces of my mucus plug, my doctor checked me and i was still closed. Fast forward to last night, i woke up a few times with cramps but thought nothing of it. The at about 6 this morning I was woken up with a sharp pain in my back, not centered, sort of on the right side, but it spread around to my stomach. It was pretty uncomfortable and I dh was waking up, so i got out of bed and came down to the couch. I got a few more pains in my back (they were lasting about a minute or so i wasnt timing them) and decided to try and sleep a bit more on the couch to see if lying down was more comfortable. I was able to fall asleep but was woken up by another pain. I then had a few more pains within an hour. I called my dr to see if i could get in and was told to go to L&D, but I think he says that to eveything. Right now I havnt had a big pain in about 40 minutes but i have a pretty solid back ache. Should I got o L&D or wait and see what happens?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers AL always welcome

Re: Should I go to the hospital?

• Options
    I'm going with the logic that if the doctor says to go, go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do what your doctor told you to do.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would err on the side of caution.  I would much rather be "that girl" than for something to happen to my lo.  If the doctor says go go..that is what doctors and hospitals are there for.  Good Luck
  • Options
    I'm thinking that if your doctor told you to go to to L&D that he probably knows best.  It sounds like your having contractions.  Why would you wait to see what happens, when your doctor wants medical staff to check over immediately?
    Due 10/7/18
    DS 1- 2010, DS 2- 2013
  • Options

I would go just to be on the safe side. It sounds like the pain is more than just a simple cramp.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Why are you asking a bunch of pregnant ladies when your doctor has already answered this question? We do not know more than he does. It is ALWAYS better safe than sorry. The answer to "Should I call my doctor?" or "Should I go to the hospital?" is almost always yes. If you are concerned enough to have called your doctor, you should be concerned enough to do what he says.
  • Options

imagevegemom302:
    Do what your doctor told you to do.

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    better safe than sorry. go to LD
  • Options

Do what Dr. says. That's what you pay him/her for. TO give the good advice.. lol.. Keep us updated. Goodluck

• Options

image:)Michelle:
    I'm going with the logic that if the doctor says to go, go.

THIS!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would go, even if it is not contractions it could be other problems like a kidney stone of kidney infection
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would go.  I had a similar incident and it turned out to be kidney stones.  Worse they do is check you out and send you home. 
  • Options
    Um yeah, I would definitley go.
  • Options
    I would listen to my dr. I don't go against what my dr. tells me. I was "that girl" with my son and it really isn't that bad. The nurses understood that it was my first time and they were all very nice.
  • Options
    Every nurse and doctor I talked to says if you think of something or you are  not sure go and get checked out. If anything it will give you peace of mind. It's okay to go 3 or 4 times because at least you know you are not putting yourself and your baby in danger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"