Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

i had an ectopic pregnancy

i dont know if anyone else has gone through this, i just found out on tues and had emergency surgery, got my right tube removed ....been a VERY painful  process...was first in shock over how quickly everything happened...just wondered if anyone else has a story to share about this, would love to hear about others who have dealt with this....thanks
1st BFP 9/26/2009 - Ectopic Pregnancy 10/6/2009 @ 5w3d Failed IVF discovered I have a tyroid issues dec 2010 2nd BFP 12/22/2012, another ectopic pregnancy 3rd BFP 1/14/2013 ...not ectopic!!! Healthy beautiful daughter born on 10/2/2013 4th BFP 3/26/2015 EDD is 12/6/2015

Re: i had an ectopic pregnancy

• Options
    No experience with it, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss.  (HUGS)
    imageimage
  • Options

Awww I read your story in your blog. I never had an ectopic but I was told I could be at risk when I had a laparoscopy back in April so I spent the first two weeks post BFP scared about this. I'm so sorry. How scary that must have been especially losing one of your tubes. I was pretty scared during my D&C. It all happened so fast. First I'm finding out the pregnancy is not continuing in the doctors office and then I'm in surgery a few hours later.

I hope you get pregnant again very fast. (Hugs)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am so sorry this happened to you.  I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

I went thru this back in July.  I was taken into the emergency room with severe pains.  It does happen quickly after that, they gave me an internal ultrasound and wheeled me back down to the ER.  Next thing I knew there were five people standing over me telling me I was hemorghing and my vitals were poor.  I had like two minutes to really to grasp what the heck was going on one nurse was pulling my jewelry off, another was yapping at my dh about insurance, it was crazy.  I told my husband I loved him and for him to make sure that my daughter knew I loved her.  They had me so scared that I was going to die.  Apparently things got dicey and when they tested my blood in surgery they determined it wasn't clotting because I had lost so much and they had trouble trying to stop the bleeding.  I ended up with a transfusion and the removal of my right tube.  I was told had the bleeding not stopped they were prepared to give me a hysterectamy.  Post op, they told me the baby had traveled thru the tube and stopped right at the entrance of my uterus which is a very vascular area and this is why I bled so fast and so much, they told me it is very rare to have an ectopic in this location.  Well, that is my story.

The array of emotions afterwards and even today are unbelievable.  You have just gone thru a very traumatic experience.  You lost a baby and have undergone a pretty invasive scary and unexpected surgery.  I know that I felt for a couple weeks after surgery that every twinge I felt meant I was bleeding internally again, which of course I was not.  I found myself having anxiety attacks, I was a total mess.  But thanks to a pretty terrific doctor and dh as well as family I am completely healed physically (which does take a while) and like everyone else who has suffered such a horrible loss, I am on the mend emotionally.

I wish you the best in your healing process and if you ever want to chat feel free to let me know  :)

Erica

• Options
    I just had an Ectopic pregnancy this past tuesday as well.. they didn't have to remove either tube, but i do understand the pain.. Did you have laproscopic surgery? If you need to talk feel free to contact me.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss.
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • Options

Sorry for your loss.

I too have just had an ectopic. My surgery was on the 1st. Mine ruptured also, but not to where I had to have a tube removed. Yesterday was one week that it had happened and was such a horrible day for me. I am so sorry you are going through this. If you ever wanna chat let me know. 

(((HUGS))) to you!

• Options
    I, too, just had an ectopic pregnancy in my right tube; however mine was treated by a methotrexate injection to stop the growth of the cells.  I opted for this route to forego surgery and the risk of loss or damage to my tubes.  Many people I've talked to were unaware of this method.  It's been a week and two days since my injection and my hCG levels are decreasing as they should.  Over the next couple of weeks, I will be closely monitored to ensure all is well.  It has been an emotional rollacoaster, but I am hopeful that next time around all will go well.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"