Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

car seat

Where did you place your car seat?  TX doesn't have a law on where to place the baby (other than in the back seat and facing rear)-I was just wondering where you had yours.

Re: car seat

• Options
    i dont think ohio has a law either as long as its facing rear. right now ds in on the passanger side. if you read the manual that comes with the car it should say the best place to place a infant carseat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Center in the back seat.

I know people who have them on the back passenger side, though due to space constrictions. I don't think there's a law in any state about where it needs to go. I think if necessary you can even legally install it in the front (if you don't have a backseat) as long as your air bags are disengaged.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelauralee1:
    Back middle seat

Same here

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Because I have 2 LO's - DS is behind the passenger seat in a forward facing convertible (he's been in the spot from day 1).

I put DD behing the driver's seat rear facing - FWIW, I drive an Envoy.

• Options
    Back middle seat
  • Options
    DD is in a rear facing car seat behind the drivers' seat.  My car does not have the LATCH system for the middle seat, and the drivers manual said that the safest seat was behind the drivers' seat for my car. 
  • Options
    DD1 is FF behind the driver, DD2 is RF behind the passenger.  We can't fit a RF seat behind the driver if DH ever wants to drive our car (we only have one) and there's no middle seat (it's a beetle, which is a 4 seater, not 5).
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Check your car's manual.  It will say where you can safely install your car seat.  We originally had it in the middle and found out that it was the wrong place for our cars.  Now, it's behind the passenger seat in both vehicles. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    back middle
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"