Baby Showers
Options

have u ever heard of a drop off baby shower???

A co-worker asked me if i was having a baby shower and i was like yea sept 26 , well i work at walmart and it is hard to know the hours ur gonna work ahead of time so alot of the girls wont be able to make it. Well my co;worker said that u put out cake and drinks and people drop the presents off while getting cake and ice cream .. i thought this idea was neat cause its like the baby shower without the games...

Re: have u ever heard of a drop off baby shower???

• Options
    that is the best idea ever! i'm not a fan of baby showers, and i know i will feel uncomfortable sitting in front of my family and friends opening gifts while they say "awwwwwwwww, how cuuuuuuuuuuuute". if you friends are ok with this, i would definitely do this!
  • Options
    I would not attend a party like this. The point of a shower is to interact with the mother to be. It seems like the only thing you would want is gifts and I would compare it to sticking a box on your porch that says 'please put presents here'. It seems really tacky. If they can't make it and still want to give you a gift they can do it in person.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebmstee03:
    I would not attend a party like this. The point of a shower is to interact with the mother to be. It seems like the only thing you would want is gifts and I would compare it to sticking a box on your porch that says 'please put presents here'. It seems really tacky. If they can't make it and still want to give you a gift they can do it in person.

This.  + I'm sorry you work at Walmart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagebmstee03:

I assume the mother to be would be there...

I think it's  great idea! It's like an open house party! 

• Options
    I like that idea, I think you'd be able to socialize more since you wouldn't have to waste an hour or so watching her open every oh so exciting gift.  I really don't understand why a shower would be considered more classy/ less looking for gifts, just because you open them in front of everyone.  I would probably have sandwiches and salads out too though
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options

Maybe you could just make it a "drive through".  Like if you have a kitchen window handy the guests can just drive up, hand over the gift and you (or hostess) could pass them out a drink and piece of cake.

I think it is a ridiculous idea.  If they want to come to a baby shower then they can "request" the day off...exchange it for another day.  I have worked at WalMart so I DO know how it works.  It'd not that hard.  If you left them so little time that they aren't able to do that then the ones that can come will and those that can't will just get you a gift.  BTW...what you described is NOT a baby shower...it is a gift grab.

• Options

I interpreted your OP to mean that between whatever time frame, people can come and go as they please. That they are not obliged to arrive at the very begining and stay till the bitter end.

That they can stay and chat to Mom to be for as long as they like and have some refreshments while they do.

I really like this idea and would rather attend this than the traditional baby shower.

If you mean; drop off your gift, have a piece of cake, now shove off. Then that's not as nice. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    TACKY!!!! It's a gift grab not a shower.
  • Options
    my friends loved the idea.. they were gonna bring the gifts to work any way and  when my co worker told me this idea i think it would be alot easier getting them all at once instead of one at a time....  and plus they get cake and snacks too.. It was just an idea though not sure if ill do it...
  • Options
    imageKateLouise:

I interpreted your OP to mean that between whatever time frame, people can come and go as they please. That they are not obliged to arrive at the very begining and stay till the bitter end.

That they can stay and chat to Mom to be for as long as they like and have some refreshments while they do.

I really like this idea and would rather attend this than the traditional baby shower.

If you mean; drop off your gift, have a piece of cake, now shove off. Then that's not as nice. 

No they can come and go as they please .. I would never be like that ,, i just think not having a set time would be alot easier and more would  be more enjoyable  without being rushed .. and show up when they can...or want to ..

• Options
    imagehopefulmom:

Maybe you could just make it a "drive through".  Like if you have a kitchen window handy the guests can just drive up, hand over the gift and you (or hostess) could pass them out a drink and piece of cake.

I think it is a ridiculous idea.  If they want to come to a baby shower then they can "request" the day off...exchange it for another day.  I have worked at WalMart so I DO know how it works.  It'd not that hard.  If you left them so little time that they aren't able to do that then the ones that can come will and those that can't will just get you a gift.  BTW...what you described is NOT a baby shower...it is a gift grab.

when u put it that way it, i dont like the idea but its not like that... I told everyone a month in advance .. so they had plenty of time.. its not a gift grab , b/c the my friends came up with the idea.. there gonna bring me the gift anyway why not enjoy cake and snacks too... and every walmart store is diff on scheduling well this one is anyways.. i worked at two different ones and this one is definately different in that department..

• Options

I just wonder why people need a special drop off time and spot for gifts anyway.  I do think its ok to have cake and whatever to celebrate and people can stop by for that as time allows since it is work.  But whatever happened to either hand delivering or mailing gifts when you are unable to make an event?  In fact, I try to always ship wedding gifts even when I'm attending the wedding in person because its just easier for everyone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just because your friends thought of the idea doesn't make it right. This is not a baby shower. If you didn't have doubts about the idea, you wouldn't be on here asking for opinions. It's still tacky.
  • Options

I don't think this idea istacky, as long as you let your friends hang around if they want to. I personally wouldn't do this, because I'm too impatient to sit around and wait for peopleto show up whenever they want. I tried an open house for christmas once, and I wouldn't be able to do it again!

P.S Don't let people get to you. It's okay to work at Walmart. Especially in this economy.

• Options
    I get that retail is not the easiest for schedules for sure, but as untraditional as I can be, I really don't like this idea....If they didn't request off but they still want cake from you, they should throw you a seperate work shower and supply the cake....The way I read it sounded like they just want a more convenient time for them but to still get cake....Maybe I misread it...
  • Options
    imagenickicl:

imagebmstee03:

This.  + I'm sorry you work at Walmart.

Wow.Now THAT was tacky.

I think you are very blessed that you even have a job in this tough economy! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"