3rd Trimester
Options

rash developing on my stomach...what could it be?

So I have started to get a very itchy/painful rash on my upper stomach and right under my boobs, I know its not my bra, because that has not changed, and it still itches when I take it off. I've heard about some type of rash developing while pregnant....Sorry I can't remember what its called. 

If you have any suggestions to what this might be, could you please let me know! 

Re: rash developing on my stomach...what could it be?

• Options
    Could it be heat rash since it is under your boobs? 
    imageimage
  • Options

PUPPS (can't remember if there are 2 p's or 3...anyhow...)

Call your doc, though, b/c itchiness can also be a sign of liver issues, so they may want to rule that out and they can give you a prescription cream to use to combat the itching.  It may spread, so be prepared.

Cool water helps too.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It might be something like impetigo (spelling?). Usually if you keep it dry and clean you should be fine. Gold Bond powder could help, since it has a cooling affect. I had to use it on little where my undies rubbed in a "crease" (yeah, you can use your imagination!) and it really helped. Pregnancy is one of those times were our hormones get all crazy and we can sweat in places and at times that are not normal!

• Options

Check out this link for some info regarding pregnancy and rashes:

https://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/skin-rash-pregnancy.html

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"