Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Human Pacifier...HELP!

My LO is 11 weeks and I'm BF every 2 hours. ?He nurses for 30-40 min and after he's done he's content for about an hour and then becomes fussy, cries and arches his back. ?I know he's not hungry, but tired. ?Before I could sooth him with a paci and he would fall a sleep. ?Now he won't take the paci and wants me to nurse him to sleep. ?I don't want to get into a bad habit and it's tiring for me. ?Any suggestions? ??

Re: Human Pacifier...HELP!

• Options
    Twelve week growth spurt?  I don't know what else to say...try anything you can think of...maybe your dh could try to put him down so he doesn't smell you or your milk? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my LO did the same thing. at 11weeks you are not going to make bad habits. as they grow it gets better. now she nurses about every 4 hours and STTN. GL. it gets better
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh- story of my LIFE! ?Maybe start trying a different kind of paci?

I am my DD's human pacifier as well, because she will not take most pacifiers. We were trying all different kinds of pacis and just a couple days ago ended up hitting jackpot with the 'soothie.' We have to put our finger in it for her to suck on it, but I think that's the most like my nipple, so she buys it sometimes.?It doesn't work if she's really upset, though. Sometimes nursing her to drowsy is the only thing that quiets her, and then I can swap out for the soothie.

?

• Options
    imagemarcandjen:

Oh- story of my LIFE!  Maybe start trying a different kind of paci?

I am my DD's human pacifier as well, because she will not take most pacifiers. We were trying all different kinds of pacis and just a couple days ago ended up hitting jackpot with the 'soothie.' We have to put our finger in it for her to suck on it, but I think that's the most like my nipple, so she buys it sometimes. It doesn't work if she's really upset, though. Sometimes nursing her to drowsy is the only thing that quiets her, and then I can swap out for the soothie.

This is the story of my life. The soothie is the only paci DD will take, if she'll even take one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"