2nd Trimester
Options

fever blister/cold sore - anyone??

Yes I'm posting this again because I now have another one!!! Not fun - anyone take Zovirax/Acyclovir while pregnant??  I know last time I called my OB to make sure it was safe to take and they said yes but it still worries me!!

Re: fever blister/cold sore - anyone??

• Options
    I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach this past week and the sun brought out two for me.  Lovely.  I haven't had any at all so far this pregnancy up until now.  My doctor told me Abreva is OK but I still never used anything.  I was too nervous.  They are now clearing up and should be gone in a few days.
  • Options

imagekarenandjeff:
    I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach this past week and the sun brought out two for me.  Lovely.  I haven't had any at all so far this pregnancy up until now.  My doctor told me Abreva is OK but I still never used anything.  I was too nervous.  They are now clearing up and should be gone in a few days.

I got it on my lip - is that were you got it??  I put abreva on it as soon as I got up this morning and am now just waiting on the Acyclovir to be ready to be picked up.  Fun times!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Here's what I do-

• take a hot hot wash cloth to it to soften it up
    • take a q tip and try to get as much "junk" off of it.
    • put some peroxide on it lightly with a q tip
    • put abreva on it

I did this a few weeks back and mine was gone in 3 days. Hope it helps!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageuofihoard:

imagekarenandjeff:

I got it on my lip - is that were you got it??  I put abreva on it as soon as I got up this morning and am now just waiting on the Acyclovir to be ready to be picked up.  Fun times!!!  

I had one on my bottom lip and then another grew a few days later from that one!  I hate getting them.  Now they are a lovely scab.  Good luck, I hope yours clears up soon!!!!!
  • Options
    I got one too after being at the pool for a few hours. In the past I have used a prescription for them, but I just let it run it's course with Abreva only. It actually went away faster than normal. good luck, hope it doesn't hurt too bad. Mine was on my bottom lip, but very small this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"